Process Development Engineer
|Nashua, New Hampshire - United States
$85,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a leader in 3-Dimensional micro printing for commercial applications and ISO 14298 certified. They need a Process Development Engineer who is self-directed innovator who likes a challenge. they are growing and need an innovative, think outside the box Chemical Engineer who is a researcher weho likes to ask one more question. If you have interest call or email me.
Our client is a leader in 3-Dimensional micro printing for commercial applications and ISO 14298 certified. They need a Process Development Engineer who is self-directed innovator who likes a challenge
The Process Development Engineer will play a pivotal role developing new products and processes and make improvements to existing products and processes and work as part of a team to develop efficient, manufactural products which meet the customer’s needs. This is a hands-on role, working in the lab, and the plant floor. Provide sound, well researched and analyzed recommendations and implementation of continuous improvements to the production processes, methods and controls.
- Develop new features or improve performance of existing products with improvements in formulations, process or equipment.
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers to optimize manufacturing process to improve volume, quality and yields and ensure completion of all required documentation before transfer.
- Define, develop and evaluate new products/processes as part of the strategic project initiative involving continuous improvement and lean techniques
- Work with Six Sigma and participate in Kaizen events to foster continuous improvements
- Support commercial launch of products and generate the appropriate technical data to demonstrate product and manufacturing performance.
- Organize experiments from evaluating raw materials to production trials through the final product testing.
- Provide a smooth transition of products from development into manufacturing.
- Continuously improve existing processes in a safe and productive manner at all times.
- Maintain and guard trade secrets. investigate patentability and intellectual property value of new concepts.
Requirements for Process Development Engineer in Nashua NH
- BS in Chemical Engineering required, Master’s preferred
- 8 + years of experience in R&D working in manufacturing setting with web handling, coating, printing, lamination, slitting or similar equipment ideally in an ISO certified organization ISO 14298 a plus
- Demonstrated success leading or working on critical projects and the ability to influence and lead others without formal authority, maintaining effective working relationships and managing self-directed projects.
- Must be scientifically curious with strong communication skills; written and verbal and the ability to clearly and concisely transfer technical information cross-functionally and to all levels of the organization in all departments and to vendors, suppliers or customers outside the company.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to learn and use graphics arts software and to effectively translate print quality from specifications to design to production.
- Lean, Six Sigma experience and participation in Kaizen events beneficial, certifications a plus
- High energy and ability to function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and follow through on commitments with a tenacious approach to solving problems
- Must be a US citizen and be able to travel up to 20% of the time
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree