Backend SW Engineer (Denver or San Francisco)
|Denver, Colorado - United States
$100,000.00 - $160,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|excellent benefits and 10% bonus
some relo can be availble (like a sign on bonus)
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The person in this role will join a small but growing team bringing the capabilities of our client's residential solar+storage product to both homeowners and to utilities. You will work on a completely new platform based on state of the art technologies and will be driving technical and architecture decisions that will affect the platform for years to come.
- Establish the standards for the team in areas of technical excellence.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management to develop applications using Agile. We push code several times a week to production.
- Champion adherence to best practice development methodologies.
- Ensure creation of automated testing as appropriate for a Continuous Delivery (CD) environment.
- Write requirements and design specifications for systems, apis and other development artifacts.
- Mentor and build skills across the team through effective standards setting, code reviews and pairing.
- 8+ years programming experience, preferring backend development using Java or Node.js.
- Solid understanding of server side application design patterns.
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining REST API’s.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, particularly Dynamo DB and Redis.
- Advocate of Dev-Ops culture: responsibility for app in production as well as development
- Ability to work by objectives and to self-manage.
- Excellent communication skills. Good team player. Feeling of shared ownership of code and other deliverables
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Location: Denver or San Francisco
- Experience designing highly available, distributed systems.
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud infrastructure experience.
- Familiarity with the Serverless Application Model and/or AWS Lambda.
- Experience with IoT or SCADA.
- Familiarity with renewable energy and the electricity industry.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree