Director of Operations
|Amesbury, Massachusetts - United States
$110,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a global leader in energy efficient and sustainable air treatment and climate solutions.They need a Diretcor of Operations who can help move them forward implementing Lean, six sigma and continuous improvements for this successfully growing specialty manufacturer.
Our client is a global leader in energy efficient and sustainable air treatment and climate solutions.
They need a Director of Operations to manage, direct, and implement operational strategies to ensure success. The Director of Operations will focus on short-term goals including: on-time delivery, cost of sales, inventory reduction and control, quality and gross margin, and human resources. Long-term goals include: formulation, planning, and implementation of strategies and succession planning for the future.
- Manage Business growth and meet financial objectives
- Introduce new operational systems that reduce cost, shorten product introduction cycle times and on-time delivery on existing and new products.
- Meet or exceed goals related to safety, quality, and on-time delivery of products.
- Assess and upgrade the talent base internally to achieve growth and meet market needs and allow for secession planning.
- Manage and coordinate efforts between support departments within the organization.
- Plan, prepare, control, monitor, and forecast departmental direct and/or indirect budgets.
- Seek customer impute and communicate and facilitate customer needs within the organization.
- Implement new manufacturing processes, product and systems technology to meet objectives.
- Lead integration of efforts within operations, quality, and engineering for the effective introduction of new quality systems and technology within operations.
- Establish, prepare, implement, revise, maintain policies and procedures related to operations.
- Administer and manage safety and quality programs to provide a safe working environment.
- BS degree in Engineering, Business or related, Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 + years of management experience in a manufacturing setting ideally in an assembly, electro mechanical or converting operation.
- Excellent communicator who is transparent, open and honest and a team builder.
- Excellent problem solving skills, Six sigma, lean and continuous improvement expertise ideal
- Strong project Management and skills and a track record of developing a team and implementing succession planning.
- Strong tactical, strategic and budgetary skills to help the company move forward.
- Travel up to 30%
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree