This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||AS400 Lead Programmer|
|Job Location:||Clearwater, Florida - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Immediate need for an AS400/iSeries Lead Programmer for our long term client in Clearwater, Florida. It is a "hands-on" coding position leading a small team of programmers.
Please no 3rd party, H1B or Corp to Corp candidates.
Please note: Local (Tampa/Clearwater) area candidates preferred. There is NO relocation offered for this position.
Our client is a dynamic, growing company with over 1,000 locations in 48 states, employing over 14,000 people who share their corporate vision for quality care and service.
In this role you will be responsible for:
· Leading a team of developers on daily tasks
· Consulting with end clients to gather information about needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
· Strong ILE compiler to create objects, et
· Writing and maintaining technical specifications.
· Designs and codes screen layouts, user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
· Converting design and specifications into computer code.
· Creating test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
· Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs.
An ideal candidate for us would be someone that is fairly fluent in SQL and uses it regularly in their coding and design. Other pluses for us would include knowledge of modern database design which includes the understanding of normalized tables, constraints, and concepts of views. Experience in creating functions, stored procedures, and procedural coding would also be a beneficial.
· At least 10 years’ experience in RPGIV, CL, SQL, Embedded SQL, and Open Query ILE.
. Stable, yet progressive employment history (Please no job hoppers or long term contracting backgrounds)
· Knowledge on SQL Views, Joins, and some back end in DB2 environment preferred.
· Proven experience in leading teams of developers cohesively, including assigning tasks, performing code reviews, mentoring/coaching, etc.
· Good communication skills, team player
· Financial applications experience preferred (AR, AP), etc.,
· Multithreading, and distributed system architectures
· Experience with using Rational Developer is a plus, along with knowledge of modern database design, understanding of normalized tables, constraints, and concepts of views.
· Experience in creating functions, stored procedures, and procedural coding a major plus
The company will only employ candidates who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.