|White Rock, British Columbia - Canada
contact recruiter for details
|Bonus Commission: 15% bonus. Want to hire in around 90-95K Canadian or 70-72K USD.
Prefer locals, renters
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is an opportunity to take a fledgling EHS program and culture to world-class status. As the EHS Manager you will have a unique opportunity to develop, refine and manage a wide range of programs including lockout/tagout and machine guarding, as well as, strategic initiatives with continuous improvement focus. Our client is looking for a change agent and strong plant floor EHS professional for this immediate need at their White Rock, BC area production facility.
- Establish site strategies, systems and controls to assure company objectives and compliance in the areas of environmental health and safety.
- Establish and report site key EHS performance metrics to ensure scorecard objectives are met.
- Participate in the development and implementation of 3 year EHS improvement plans.
- Acts as liaison between assigned facility and the Corporate EHS&S Department in the execution of corporate EHS&S initiatives.
- Focuses EHS&S efforts towards common goals and processes to achieve world-class status.
- Develop and maintain facility wide EHS programs including proactive incident prevention, business continuity plan, hazardous chemical management and employee training.
- Helps drive employee engagement to create and foster a proactive, empowered safety culture.
- Manages internal and external relationships (e.g., government agency, consultants, insurers, brokerage, legal) as necessary.
- Manage incident reporting process including completion of investigations/RCA’s, implementation of corrective actions, and communication to key stakeholders.
- Along with the Human Resources Team, actively manage Workers’ Compensation cases, working closely with all appropriate parties.
This position is not eligible for work visa sponsorship. Applicants must possess unrestricted Canadian work authorization.
- BS or BA degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Safety & Health or related field
- 5+ years’ progressive EHS experience in a large or complex manufacturing facility; Food Industry preferred
- Experience in managing complex projects, workers’ compensation claims and/or occupational nurse a plus.
- Expert knowledge in areas of lockout/tagout, machine guarding and other plant floor safety programs
- Ability to drive change, act as a change agent in moving the culture of compliance forward
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree