Senior Director - Strategic Customers
|Mississauga, Ontario - Canada
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client located in Mississauga, ON is actively seeking a qualified candidate for this full-time permanent job opportunity. This role requires up to 50% of time traveling to client sites and prospective client sites within Canada and occasionally to Europe.
The qualified candidates MUST possess: Ocean Freight, a background in Global Freight Forwarding or Global Carriers, with experience working with retail clients or wine & spirits clients.
- Proficiently identify, develop and maintain favorable contact with high level decision makers and work to understand strategic business challenges while developing a business fit between the company and the customer.
- Responsible for focusing on delivering Customer Satisfaction by leveraging the organization’s network and ensuring all stakeholders are engaged.
- Stay focused on performance management of the accounts at both a local level and Global level with network partners.
- Develop proposals and sales plans that support increased sales from targeted prospects.
- Accountable for aggressively seek and initiate new business relationships with large companies within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Responsible for managing overall prospect relationships, including dealing with each prospects' highest buying levels and coordinating the activities of prospect-focused teams
- Efficiently identify business opportunities and assess prospective customer needs.
- Effectively and efficiently develop proposals and sales plans that will support increased sales from targeted prospects.
- Responsible for managing the processes and delivery of Bids, RFQ’s, proposals and quarterly business reviews.
- Proficiently communicate with Product stakeholder’s large Oceanfreight carriers strategy, aligning block space agreement and strategic carrier and routing solutions
- Excellent understanding of the W&S Market, its dynamics, seasonality and relationship with suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- 10-15 years’ experience in a related field, international logistics is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in combination with strong listening skills
- Excellent and well-developed relationship skills with the ability to network with multiple levels of an organization and other business units
- Strong experience working with ocean freight
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Proficiently analyzes and resolves complex cross-functional issues.
- Proficient working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to be a service-oriented individual demonstrating enthusiastic and professional disposition.
- Strong ability to meet strict deadlines
- Must have access to a vehicle
** Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc..
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree