Line Service Technician (LST)
|Brampton, Ontario - Canada
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client in Brampton is looking to fill The Line Service Technician. The successful candidate maintains component supply to packaging lines, washes and assists with filler assembly. Operates filling lines and packaging equipment in a safe manner and maintains compliance with cGMP and SOP requirements.
DAY SHIFT: Monday to Friday inclusive from 7:25 AM through to 3:35 PM OR
AFTERNOON SHIFT: Monday to Friday inclusive from 3:25 PM through to 11:35 PM
- Operating filling lines and equipment
- Supplying filling lines with components and bulk for packaging
- Ensuring drum and lot changes are completed effectively and on-time with minimal bulk waste
- Setting up, monitoring and adjusting fill weights throughout the operation ensuring minimal overfill
- Assembling and disassembling equipment such as fillers, manifolds, tube holders and supply pumps
- Performing filler changeovers, set-ups and troubleshooting
- Preparing detergent and sanitizing agents with the correct dilution factor
- Sanitizing filling rooms as per standard operating procedure
- Performing housekeeping tasks such as washing floors, walls etc.
- Performing line clearance processes both inside filling rooms and secondary packaging
- Completing G.M.P. documents right first time (cleaning & sanitization records, packaging work orders, non-stationary equipment logs etc.)
- Washing and sanitizing wetted change parts for fillers and supply pumps
- Troubleshooting machine problems effectively based on the observed abnormalities
- Changing embossing/coding block characters (expiration date and batch number) for metal and laminate tubes as specified on the packaging work order (PWO)
- Setting up/change-over of product contact parts (hopper, graco pump, directional valve, auger, dosing pump, nozzle etc.)
- Signing off required line start-up documentation in the primary and secondary areas prior to production run
- Assisting with training of new hires
- Assisting Line Mechanics, as required
- Working with safety in mind with respect to all assigned tasks
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Set-up/change-over filling (primary) equipment as required
- Replacing o-rings for directional valve, dosing pump, nozzle assembly etc.
- Performing more detailed trouble shooting as it pertains to container closure, folding station, and tube holders etc.
- Changing embossing/coding block characters (expiration date and batch number) for labels and cartons as specified on the packaging work order (PWO)
- Changeover and set-up (and change parts as required) of secondary packaging equipment – cartoner, labeler, pester/bundler and case packer based on established change parts and parameter values
Assisting mechanics in doing preventive and corrective maintenance tasks
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a pharmaceutical or related industry
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude combined with experience with mechanical set-ups on packing and filling lines in a pharmaceutical, food or similar GMP manufacturing environment
- Excellent math skills
- Excellent command of the English language combined with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Ability to use a computer including Microsoft and Manufacturing Execution software.
- Fork lift certification an asset