Electrical Control Engineer
|Columbus, Ohio - United States
$90,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical/Process Controls Engineer to join our Capital Engineering Department. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company to support capital projects domestically and internationally. This position will report to the Manager of the Capital Engineering Design. The company is a gloabl specialty cheimcal manufacturer, market leader. The company experiences minimal turnover and has a great corporate culture that promotes from within.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The support of multiple capital projects in various locations
- The preparation of capital project request for quotation packages for consulting engineering firms and process automation systems integrators.
- The review of deliverables from consulting engineering companies such as front-end loading scope definition and cost estimates, project schedules, and detailed design packages for the power distribution, instrumentation, and automation components of capital projects
- Collaboration with the Capital Engineering multi-discipline teams to coordinate activity of plant personnel, consulting engineers, systems integrators, and other professionals to ensure project deliverables are met in accordance to quality and schedule expectations.
- Performing hazardous area classifications, arc flash studies, and short circuit coordination studies; and prepare reports or other engineering deliverables documenting relevant results.
- The oversight of the process automation portions of capital projects including hardware and software specifications, defining programming expectations for continuous and batch processes, and conducting Factory Acceptance Tests
- Also included is the development of corporate engineering standards, equipment and instrumentation specifications, and project procedures
- Commissioning of power, instrumentation, and process automation systems
This job involves approximately 30% travel
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required
- 4-8 years’ experience in chemical or heavy manufacturing industries
- Experience with US codes such as The National Electrical Code
- Field experience with commissioning and troubleshooting
- Experience with process instrumentation (temperature, pressure, level, flow, etc.)
- Experience with process control systems (PLC/HMI or DCS)
- Experience with industrial plant power distribution such as motor control centers and variable frequency drives
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree