This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Assistant VP, Credit / Loan|
|Job Location:||Hamilton, Ontario - Canada|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Other Compensation:||amazing benefits package|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Regional|
Commercial institution in Hamilton - position: Assistant VP Corporate Credit / Loan
You will be responsible for corporate credit negotiations - dealing with portfolios, collection, special accounts, credit management
Essential parts of this role include your commitment to your team, the community, the organization, and your ability to inspire and reward success.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Corporate credit / loan growth, commercial loans, escalated loans.
- Yearly credit policy ' process review related to both individual files and overall risk mitigation procedures and operating standards.
- Mentoring, advising, handling negotiations about loan decisions.
- Discuss individual cases at Board and Committee level.
- Research and keep company up to date re technology.
- Meet financial goals by overseeing budgets, operations, SLAs. business plans, third party suppliers.
- Gain consensus by interacting with people and departments, attending meetings, inspiring team members with your contagious enthusiasm, recognize team member successes, utilizing lean methodology.
- Inspire others by being positive, successful, communicative, collaborative, and taking part in community events.
- Bring in new business ideas with creative thinking across the team, serving as a change leader..
- Health and Safety.
- BA, BS, BBA in business or equivalent.
- 10 years working in corporate (commercial) credit, dealing with loans, related negotiations, and risk management.
- Experience with data analytics, accurate with numbers, able to budget wisely.
- Known to care about and help people and communities, trustworthy, dedicated to the company and your team.
- Background in corporate small business credit, loans, best practices, community outreach.
- Great interpersonal team management, leadership, problem solving, multitasking skills - union environment a great asset.
- Knowledgeable re data analytics, reporting, helping business partners make proper decisions.
- History providing excellent, fast feedback re internal service requests.
- Known to engender team building, employee consensus, team and individual inspiration.
- Great presentation, communication skills, computer savvy (MS Office and software for credit adjudication.
- Able to handle delicate situations with grace and understanding.
- Always mindful of regulations, policies, legislation related to corporate loans.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree