Electrical & Instrumentation Designer
|Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - United States
$70,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- This a growing company that is both young (being 2 years old) and stable (being profitable for many decades under global company before spinning off to grow)
- Have a hand in shaping who the company is going to be in 5-10 years
- Great career growth with the company
Under direct supervision, perform a variety of instrument electrical design for project executions. Support procurement, construction, and commissioning phases of projects with activities including assisting with preparation of labor/material estimates and design packages. Work typically performed in office and field.
- Strong understanding of P&IDs and PFD’s.
- Create and review power distribution, switchgear, MCC, motor schematics, cabling, and conduit size.
- Create and review instrument installation drawings such as but not limited to pressure, flow, temperature, pH, control valves, level and DCS.
- Review and integrate vendor schematic and drawings into site based designs.
- Reform redlines of current plant drawings.
- Review process package and prepare equipment/material specifications sheets to order items. Review with vendor to confirm capability and delivery to meet project objectives.
- Participate in safety audits or surveillance.
- 5 years of AutoCAD or equivalent Certification of its use
- High School Diploma
- General understanding of Bill of Material (BOM) / Material to Order (MTO) needs to incorporate types and quantities of detailed MTO/BOM
- Knowledge of instrumentation controls and DCS system design
- Knowledgeable of current National Electrical Code (NFPA-70) and other relevant NFPA standards, including application to installation needs
- Basic understanding of Industrial facilities
- 5 years actual field installation of E&I equipment, devices, raceways
- 3D Computer Aided Drafting and Design experience preferred
- Associates Degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering