|Beaumont, Texas - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Global Chemicals company in the area of Process Technology. Company is leading producer of this technology in the World.
To identify and champion the development of step change technology improvements aligning with and influencing the Regional Business Strategy
To develop, document and promulgate technology standards and knowledge ensuring the technologies are well understood and implemented as intended.
Memphis MMA 165 kt/yr
Beaumont MMA 120 kt/yr
Beaumont MAA 23 kt/yr
Belle HMA 27 kt/yr
- Lead the development of and take ownership for strategies that deliver the technical objectives of the Business Strategy. These strategic plans are expected to make step change improvements in the manufacturing performance of the company plants in North America. Network with global technology partners to ensure best practices are known and implemented.
- Develop, document and retain expert knowledge in the HCN-based methacrylate manufacturing technology as applied in the company plants in North America, Europe, and Asia. Establish connections to Alpha technology and commercialization groups
- Serve as the Technical Authority for the plants to ensure the technology is implemented as intended. This accountability includes development and deployment of corporate standards (such as process safety cardinal rules, HCN code of practice, etc.).
- Identify opportunities for developing and extending the technology in order to ensure that the company improves its competitive position in keeping with company business strategy and values. Document these and take ownership for the Plant Technology Plans.
- Provide technology evaluation, chemical process engineering design, and technical management for new build or significant capital investment in the region.
- Mentor and provide training to plant based technical staff to ensure appropriate technology understanding and engineering methodologies are in place throughout manufacturing.
- The job holder must be able to operate on a regional and potentially international basis working in existing assets and on potential investments including business partnerships and joint venture opportunities.
- The job holder must maintain an excellent network of contacts in the company manufacturing and technical communities.
- Chemical Engineer with at least 15 years technical and operational experience, including cyanide experience or other relevant, high hazard chemistries. The job holder will be expected to remain in the job for 5-10 years in order to provide a foundation of technology for the company business.
- The job holder is expected to lead complex technical problem solving with expert-level proficiency using multi-variate statistical tools and methodologies such as Six Sigma.
- The job holder must be able to apply chemical engineering principles and tools, including process modeling software, to the evaluation/optimization of existing and design of new facilities.
- Interpersonal effectivenessthat builds and enables productive collaborative relationships with varying levels of organization from technicians to management.
- Analytical Thinking used to logically break down problems, carry out a diagnosis and then develop a solution. Root-caused driven analysis that looks to permanently solve issues.
- Tenacity in resolving problems and overcoming obstacles.
- Initiative that engages proactive behavior, which anticipates needs and addresses them before they become critical to performance.
- Results Orientation that drives and focuses efforts on key objectives and effective outcomes. Taking appropriate action to achieve objectives.
- Conceptual Thinking to help determine the best concept for improvement in certain site services issues such as how services are delivered.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree