Registered Mechanical Engineer / Project Manager
|Nashville, Tennessee - United States
$110,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Arcitectual or MEP firms
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Mechanical Engineer / Project Manager independently performs a variety of tasks requiring the application of standard design engineering techniques for small projects or selected segments of large projects. Assists with the development of design approaches and concepts. Assists the project team in the production of projects on time, within budget, and consistent with industry standards.
- Assumes responsible charge for projects within the engineer’s experience and expertise; serves as the Engineer on Record (EOR) on assigned projects
- Coordinates project designs with other disciplines to determine equipment needs, provide input for operating procedures, and provide technical information
- Performs specific engineering studies and other design analyses using industry software
- Attends meetings with owners, clients, or architects as needed
- Assists in the development of design approaches and concepts
- Evaluates the work of design colleagues and provides feedback and/or corrections
- Conducts project job site visits during construction to monitor progress and observe installed construction; makes comments based on design specifications, owner expectations, and building codes
- Coordinates with local authorities, utilities, and municipalities to incorporate associated construction and government standards
- Identifies collisions and ensures collisions are addressed and resolved by design staff
- Develops the overall man-hour budget and is responsible for the man-hour budget within the discipline; develops workplans for discipline team in accordance with the budget
- Provides input, feedback, and updates on project schedules and plans work in accordance with the schedule
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals
- Assists with the preparation and implementation of a proactive Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) plan for projects
- Assists senior technical staff in the development of technical documentation, proposals, and presentations to clients
- Coordinates with suppliers, contractors, and clients to determine project scope
- Reviews work for technical accuracy and completeness prior to the final QA/QC review
- Maintains a continued focus on keeping up with industry trends and changes through continued self-education and training
- Actively participates in the local chapter of a professional organization where the technical reputation and professional image of the firm may be enhanced
- Assists in training, mentoring, and/or developmental guidance of engineers, designers, and EITs.
- May provide input during employee reviews
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an ABET accredited college with with five- ten years applicable experience in discipline design and analysis
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Sports design experience preferred
- Must have project management experience.
- Basic knowledge of project financial management and how to create and maintain budgets
- US Citizenship or Green Card reqired
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree