This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Job Location:||Honolulu, Hawaii - United States|
|Salary:||$60,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||
The Construction Manager oversees the direction of many projects where technical complexity is at the highest and client/owner relationship.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Manage processing of Requests for Information (RFIs), submittals, and Change Orders.
• Review Project Inspector Daily Reports and project photos.
• Resolve construction issues by visiting the jobsite, communicating with the owner and project designer.
• Review project documents including plans and specifications.
• Look for possible upcoming issues prior to construction.
• Coordinate project start-up including reviewing commencement documents and running a pre-construction meeting.
• Coordinate project closeout.
• Prepare and write up weekly and monthly reports.
• Works with project manager to review budget and determine scope of work required and create a pricing schedule of proposed standard and upgrade options depending on the floor plan.
• Looks at specifications for plan procedures, start and completion dates, staffing requirements for each phase of construction project. Estimates the scope of work and obtains bids for comparison and completion of each job.
• Hires, directs and motivates supervisory personnel, subcontractors and staff engaged in planning and executing work procedures.
• Interprets specifications and company policies to subordinates and/or contractors and enforces safety regulations. Analyzes and resolves work problems, including worker complaints.
• Inspects property and units under construction regularly to make sure work conforms to specifications, budget and schedule and initiates any repair or replacement needs and/or adjustment of working procedures. Communicates with contractor, team, and client regularly regarding how the project is improving.
• Coordinates construction and upgrades with clients and secures necessary documentation and deposits. Once work is finished, performs a final inspection with clients to ensure all items are completed as per contract.
• Assists the manager in maintaining and overseeing service contracts, negotiates new contracts or terminates existing ones as required. Directs project operations and procedures.
• Reviews and approves all invoices in the construction department and submits all approved bills to accounting department for processing and payment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 15 years of architecture, engineering and construction experience with 3 – 5 years management experience.
• PE and/or CCM certification preferred.
• Knowledge of the entire construction process including cost estimating,
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Able to prioritize and multitask while being proactive and aware of deadlines
• Ability to read and understand plans and specifications.
• Able to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and written.
• Ability to interact effectively with clients, contractors, consultants and employees at all levels.
• Excellent problem solving/analysis skills.
• Proficient at MS Office Suites
• Ability to work outside occasionally in environmental, atmospheric, and sometimes hazardous conditions.
• Ability to work outside with increased noise levels and vibrations.
• Ability to work and function in narrow aisles or passageways.
• Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and conditions that are associated with construction and development projects.
• Positive service-oriented attitude toward the firm, our employees, and the clients.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree