|Orange, Texas - United States
|$80,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|Employer Will Recruit From:
Sr. Buyer position for a candidate interested in working for a leading specialty chemicals, oil and gas industry company located in Southeast Texas.
This company has a strong, global presence, management excellence and most importantly people who excel! Their employee's are the pillar of their success! They will offer exciting career oppoortunities domestically as well as internationally. Educational assistance programs are offered to employees, competitve pay and benefits, language training programs and many other personal and professional development programs to help you enhance and grow your career!
Key elements needed to be successful in this role are:
As a Sr. Strategic Operational Buyer you will:
· Work in conjunction with North American Category Manager TSE, Finance, Business Units and Legal department to enter into contracts with suppliers
· Establish and maintain a preferred supply base via supplier relationship management programs, including scorecards/reviews to drive continuous improvement. Investigate and resolve Company supplier complaints, track supplier performance quality and ensures compliance with Company operational standards and requirements
· Initiate, review and implement requests for proposals (RfPs) and bids
· Develop new vendor relationships and contracts where current service is inadequate or when necessary
· Review and analyze total supplier cost of ownership and contract terms to determine the financial and service impact to the site. Recommend and negotiate pricing and service changes as necessary or appropriate
· Ensure all purchasing, contracts, outsourced activities and negotiations comply with internal safety, environmental, insurance and business ethics and code of conduct
· Participate in continuous process improvement committees, projects and initiatives, ensuring compliance with Company objectives
· Communicate efficiently and consistently to appropriate internal and external personnel on a regular basis all information relevant to daily work flow, service and scheduling
· A Bachelor’s degree (Business, Finance or Engineering). Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the manufacturing, petroleum refining or petrochemical industries. Concentration within the production and maintenance discipline.
· Familiarity with procurement best practices including 7-step sourcing process
· Demonstrated success developing, executing and implementing sourcing strategies in a lead role or as part of a team
· Extensive experience developing and negotiating purchasing contracts for goods and services. Lead and manage RFP (negotiations, supplier sourcing and contract negotiations)
· Strong business acumen with a technical aptitude
· Strong analytical and computer systems skills, including Microsoft Office; SAP experience highly desirable
· Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate across all organizational levels in an efficient, professional manner
· Strong negotiation, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
· Demonstrated time management and organizational skills, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to function independently and complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision
· Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality, flexibility and adaptability
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How can we make this page better for you? Add your suggestions below.