This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Assistant Project Manager Environmental|
|Job Location:||Parsippany, New Jersey - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Regional|
A premier regional environmental consulting and remediation firm is seeking motivated environmental professionals to join their expanding team. Candidates must possess a BS degree in environmental science, geology, engineering or a related discipline, have completed OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training and have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and at least 2 years of supervisory experience on projects with an environmental, engineering and/or remediation company.
• Client satisfaction- Develops personal relationships with clients and develops credibility by meeting commitments and being responsive. Effectively communicates with clients and meets face to face as often as possible
• Manages projects within budget and schedule constraints. Directs project teams to complete project through delegation and maintains overall accountability. Drives execution by setting clear expectations of budgets and schedules
• Identifies follow-up opportunities from existing clients. Takes the lead in preparing proposals for this work, including scope of design, budget planning, etc
• Demonstrates proficiency in communication, including verbal and written skills, and organization. Written work products are technically and grammatically correct, properly formatted, and require minimal review. Verbal communication is clear and concise.
• Meets minimum billability standard
• Receivables within 60 days, minimal write-offs
• Maximizes project profitability through proper budgeting, staff assignment, time management, etc.
• Project AR/AP responsibility, including review of subcontractor and invoices.
• Ensure Project Team adheres to Project requirements, health and safety requirements, follows field procedures and SOPs
• Adheres to contracting and financial risk management. Adheres to scope/budget and pursues approval for additional cost incurred.
• Mandatory attendance and participation in Manager’s meeting
• Develops staff including job training and coaching. Ensures that work is adequately delegated and feedback to the staff performing the task is provided.
• People skills- coaching and developing others, relates to people in open, friendly manner and respects others
• Follows SOP (standard operating procedures), policies and proper documentation
• Establishes IMP (Individual Marketing Plan) and meets sales goals
• Meets (or is in the process of acquiring) Educational Credits for next position.
• Completes required Educational Credits as defined by company and supervisor.
• Meets minimum billability standard
• Attends all company and group meetings, as well as mandatory training/seminars provided by company.
• Mentor/Trains Staff (Staff Professional I, II; Senior Staff Professional I, II; Project Engineer I, II; Project Professional I, II; Senior Professional II).
• Attends internal/external training opportunity or other professional development opportunity (person specific) and present to staff. Presents one in-house training seminar.
• Prepares one in-house training seminar to internal staff
• Membership in Professional Organization(s). Actively participates
• Maintains professional license/certification in selected field, including meeting continuing education obligation requirements (i.e. LSRP, PE, PG, CHMM, etc)
• Attends/participates in company business/strategic planning
• Creates and implements detailed (IMP) business development/client services plan to maintain and grow existing client base (person specific).
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Licensed NJ Environmental Professional preferred (i.e. LSRP, PE, PG, CHMM, etc.).
3. 5 to 15 years of experience in environmental consulting with at least 2 years of supervisory experience on projects.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree