This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Job Location:||Pine Hall, North Carolina - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
Company has an immediate opening for an Industrial Electrician.
Reports to Maintenance Supervisor. Electricians are involved in the daily installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of manufacturing systems. This is a hands-on position requiring knowledge of electrical systems combined with a strong equipment troubleshooting ability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
• Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
• Ensures the proper and safe functioning of all electrical units in the facility.
• Completes repairs in a safe and timely manner, ensuring that all special PPE is utilized according to company rules and policies, following job related SOP’s.
• Completes scheduled checks for spotting any malfunctions and unsafe conditions and reports and corrects them.
• Locates and analyses the root-cause of electrical problems, failing components and malfunctions and makes corrections, striving to improve equipment reliability.
• Installs, tests, and maintains electrical wiring, appliances, fixtures, and machinery.
• Connects wires to transformers, circuit breakers, inspects electrical equipment and systems, plans layout of wiring and equipment in conformance to all codes.
• Replaces faulty electrical components of machine, such as relays, control / circuit boards, switches, and motors, and position sensing devices, using hand tools and power tools, as well as electrical testing equipment.
• May be required to provide assistance in the plant involving other types of general maintenance work.
• Responsibilities include exemplary housekeeping and care of machinery and work areas
• Troubleshoots programmable logic controllers.
• Reports time spent, parts used, settings and other job related activities in the CMMS system.
• May plan layout of wiring and install wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings
• Provides feedback to planners and supervisors in order to improve routine procedures, part availability and job preparation.
• Provides training and feedback to the operators and production supervisors
• Requisitions supplies, materials, tools, machine parts, and other necessary equipment.
No supervisory responsibilities assigned. Performs work under supervision and in a support capacity.
• Primarily responsible for work directly related to general business operations.
• Exercises limited, independent judgement, consults superiors on all but routine procedures. Tends to follow defined procedures.
• Devotes less than 20% of time to activities other than those described above.
1. Vocational School training.
2. Electrician with solid Heavy Industrial experience.
3. PLC Experience.