Tooling Engineer - Automotive
|Hamptonville, North Carolina - United States
$75,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a A “hands-on” engineer, to provide technical assistance and support to operations, to resolve manufacturing issues, reduce scrap, and to drive continuous process improvements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continuous improvement driver. Improve profitability and efficiencies of Value Streams, through implementation of process improvements, affecting scrap, labor and downtime. Drive OEE improvement initiatives and cost.
Participate in product launches to ensure a smooth transition from design and launch phases into manufacturing.
Design and manage new process development, timing, setup, debug and training.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4 year technical degree (Mechanical or Industrial engineering) or equivalent experience.
- Must have exceptional skill sets in the following areas with 5 years min experience in Metal Stamping
- Crash form, draw die and progressive / transfer die design and development.
- Hands-On roll in the troubleshooting of various types of die tooling.
- Able to critique die design concepts for both production worthiness and ease of maintainability.
- Critique advanced product designs for manufacturability.
- Hands-On roll in evaluating customer quality concerns.
- Prioritize tooling improvements / repairs
- Support APQP, DFMEA, PPAP activities as required.
- Strong technical experience with high tonnage metal stamping presses (Mechanical and Hydraulic)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an Automotive Manufacturing environment requiring multi-tasking and the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to function within cross-functional teams, utilizing good communication skills and a “hands–on” approach within all projects.
- Be a strong “trouble-shooter” with a working knowledge of hand-tools and maintenance practices
- Well versed in MS Office and CAD software and applications.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree