|Twin Falls, Idaho - United States
$70,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Location: Twin Falls, ID area
Wage: $60k - $80k / year + full benefits package (pending skill set and experience)
$70k - $100k for Assistant Controller level candidates
Direct Hire Opportunity
A local agricultural based company in Twin Falls, ID is seeking a Staff Accountant to execute all aspects of daily and periodic accounting and administrative functions. The best fit candidate will have 2+ years of accounting experience and possess an Accounting / Finance degree. The right fit candidate with partner closely and report to the Division Controller. The hiring company has multiple location and can provide a solid career path.
What you get to do:
- Accounts Receivable. Understand invoicing processes and fill in for Merchandising Assistants as needed, prepare and post deposits, apply monies to customer accounts, resolve accounting discrepancies with customer accounts, prepare weekly past due reports, assist in past due collections, assist in approval of credit holds, provide CSR (Customer Service Representative) functions as needed.
- Accounts Payable. Understand payables processes and fill in for A/P Specialist as needed. Assist A/P Specialist with voiding checks, applications, and coding of vouchers. Produce periodic A/P reports and analyze unpaid invoices for errors, understand lien searches and assist Merchandising Assistant with farmer payments and lien searches as needed.
- Understand inventory processes and transactions as they flow through and post to various programs within the scale and accounting programs, post standard shrink monthly, post inventory adjustments and analyze net impact as needed, reconcile weekly plant inventories and assist plant with inventory discrepancies, reconcile monthly plant inventories and post approved adjustments within month-end close deadlines, assist in resolution of any inventory posting errors, develop understanding of mark-to-market accounting for inventory, contracts, and derivatives.
- General Ledger. Prepare and/or enter manual journal entries as needed, reconcile assigned general ledger accounts, assist Controller is compilation of monthly P&L.
- Assist Controller in month end reporting and analysis, prepare existing reports for review, analyze variance in revenue and expenses, reconcile trader estimates to actual P&L results, anticipate reporting needs and suggest ways to capture new data that would be relevant to managing our business, compile data for periodic reporting to external agencies.
What we need from you:
- 1-3 + years of proven accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance field
- High level of detail, multi-tasking, analytical, and problem solving skills with intuition to create solutions.
- Positive, self-motivated individual with organization, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with management and peers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Outlook
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree