This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Title:||Speech Language Pathologist / SLP - CCC or CF|
|Job Location:||Waverly, New York - United States|
|Salary:||$70,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
Waverly is the largest village in Tioga County, New York State. It is located southeast of Elmira in the Southern Tier region. The region boast natural beauty with beautiful state parks bordering between the Finger Lakes of New York State and Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania.
Speech Language Pathologist / SLP - Skilled Nursing Facility
Location: Waverly, NY
Monday - Friday Days
Full Time - 37.5 hrs per week
Direct Hire with full benefits
Fantastic opportunity for Speech Language Pathologist at a Skilled Nursing in Waverly, NY. Be a part of a growing, patient-centered team.
Speech-Language Therapy team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by making recommendations for a speech-language therapy treatment plan, if necessary, and carrying out treatments as planned; conducting an audiometric screening of resident upon request and making recommendations for further audiology service. This position ensures that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times.
1. Screens resident for communication problem upon request; conducts an in-depth evaluation and makes written recommendations for a therapy plan of care, if necessary and upon request.
2. Coordinates audiometric screening test for resident and makes referrals for further audiology evaluations, or treatments if necessary.
3. Initiates speech-language therapy plan of care according to physician orders; and maintains required contact with the physician during the therapy program of resident.
4. Observes rights of residents and treats residents with respect and kindness.
5. Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries for all residents in a speech-language treatment program.
6. Confers with other staff regarding special needs of residents and integrates speech-language treatment program with goals and approaches of other disciplines.
7. Attends Resident Care Planning and Family/Resident Care Plan Review meetings for residents currently in a speech-language treatment program.
8. Maintains records that include statistical reports about resident, in-service education information, budget information and a material/equipment inventory.
9. Submits statistical reports to the Business Office staff for Medicare billing payments, and completes assessment forms upon request.
10. Attend staff meetings and required or preferred in-service training.
11.Participates in developing and conducting in-service training programs for facility personnel involved in resident care.
12. Reviews written speech-language policies and procedures annually and makes necessary revisions.
13. Maintains costs of program within the parameters of the annual budget.
14. Performs all position duties according to safety rules and practices required for this position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility.
M.A. or M.S. Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an approved school required.
New York State license to practice as a Speech-Language Pathologist required.
Clinical Competence Certification from the American Speech and Hearing Association required.
University - Master's Degree