|Ridgecrest, California - United States
$100,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|plus target bonus
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are seeking experienced and motivated candidates for the position of Process Engineer. The successful candidate will provide hands on leadership to sustain and improve quality, process, productivity and document production process improvements using Lean Methodology and other process control disciplines. His/her primary focus will be on continuous improvement and optimization of processes. Compliance with applicable State and Federal Regulations related to safety and the environment is an important part of this position.
- Capable of applying engineering and technical problem solving and experienced-based judgment to complex challenges in ways that deliver measurable and sustainable improvements in operational performance.
- Must be ‘hands-on” and willing to “roll up sleeves” and work at all levels of organization as circumstances require.
- Able to support plants which are in continuous operation.
- Must have thorough understanding of process equipment operation and troubleshooting.
- Prepares proposals and executes planned projects, including determining time frames, funding, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects.
- Directs and coordinates project activities to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Develop detailed project specifications including drawings, data sheets, etc. in full compliance with recognized industry standards, safety standards and various client specifications.
- Provide accurate and timely project reporting to internal and external customers
- Develop standardized documentation including SOP’s, training, validation of equipment, and reports.
- Identifying and manage relationships with preferred equipment manufacturers, specialists, and technical support consultants.
- Provide engineering to improve existing manufacturing processes and capabilities.
- Work closely with manufacturing team at all levels to resolve technical issues, applying engineering and technical skills to design, optimize and troubleshoot equipment.
- Optimize current processes including performance consistency and cost effectiveness.
- Identify emerging technologies for future implementation
- Ensure each process plant is set up to provide maximum output levels and efficiency;
- Implementation of system upgrades and modifications, including reviewing and preparing documentation.
- Assess options for plant expansion or reconfiguration by developing and testing process simulation models
- Help design and implement new manufacturing processes for existing and new products.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment and acts as engineering resource.
- Confer with all personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Responsible for heat and material balance, development and use of process simulation, the development of process flow diagrams, block flow diagrams, system design parameters, and design or rating of equipment and apparatus such as heat exchangers, vessels, reactors, etc.
- Develop and maintain expertise on current and emerging technologies.
- Use rigorous tools to deliver results including situation, potential problem, and decision analyses, risk assessments, DMAIC, LEAN, and/or Innovation methodologies.
- Work with management on specific projects or opportunities that will add value to the bottom line.
Implement corrective actions to solve problems based on root cause analysis
• Design, install, and evaluate sampling and measurement procedures.
• Lead problem solving teams using lean process tools.
• Drive best practices in all areas of responsibility of the value stream.
- BS in chemical engineering and at least 10 years related experience in manufacturing and/or chemical process industry
- Must have a strong understanding of process, mechanical and electrical engineering practices and processes, including mass and energy transfer and fluid flow.
- Knowledge of crystallization and inorganic chemistry preferred.
- Six Sigma experience required, Green/Black Belt preferred.
- The candidate should have a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite. Strong analytical, verbal, writing and presentation skills are required.
- Candidate must be skilled in data analysis and statistical methods. Must be familiar with computer modeling tools. The successful candidate must be willing and able to spend up to 50% of the time in physical plant areas.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree