Manager - Maintenance & Reliability
|Ridgecrest, California - United States
$140,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|plus target bonus
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is looking for qualified candidates for the position of Manager–Maintenance and Reliability. The Maintenance and Reliability Manager will ensure the safe and reliable operation of three continuous process manufacturing plants, two thermal/power cogeneration plants and material handling and packaging operation by developing, coordinating and implementing all maintenance activities. The Maintenance Manager works with the plant operating staff to assure plant facilities and equipment are maintained in a safe and efficient operating condition at all times. Responsibilities include direct supervision of 8-12 supervisors and indirect supervision of over 180 employees. This person will report directly to the VP-Operations. Compliance with applicable State and Federal Regulations related to safety and environment is an important part of this position.
Responsible for preventive, routine and emergency maintenance repairs, and/or replacement of plant equipment to ensure optimal equipment availability.
- Initiate and justify asset improvement and replacement projects that increase reliability and sustainability of the production and facility assets.
- Support Project Engineers with large equipment refurbishments and new asset introduction
- Actively participate in planning and executing turnarounds for the facilities.
- Prepare detailed project plans and design packages according to site and corporate policies.
Set direction for maintenance organization and build organizational capability.
- Perform day-to-day administrative and management tasks including performance reviews, skills matrix and training oversight, and recruiting.
- Ensure the varied trades, technicians and supervisors are aligned and have the proper balance of skills and training to execute and contribute to the overall asset management strategy.
- Coach the maintenance team to think strategically about downtime prevention and long-term resolution of equipment and maintenance problems.
- Manage Maintenance operations in an efficient manner consistent with Company, State and Federal health, safety and environmental regulations, policies and procedures to achieve goals and ensure a safe work environment.
Deploy continuous improvement methodologies to enhance the longevity and optimize the performance and availability of Company’s equipment and facilities.
- Assist project FEE to ensure facilities have the highest uptime, lowest life cycle cost and can be maintained cost effectively.
- Be integral part of team that sets priorities and reviews SOP’s.
- Serve as company mechanical review engineer with responsibility for 100% design review of all MOC and technical documents related to mechanical equipment.
- Support plant-based programs to improve asset efficiency, functionality, reliability and O&M cost for all production facilities.
Responsible for the development and implementation of a reliability-centered maintenance strategy.
- Develop and implement asset productivity improvement programs in areas of uptime, mechanical integrity and reliability engineering.
- Establish and monitor effective metrics, including equipment failure records, to track results of maintenance efforts and provide trend information to the plant managers.
Provide engineering and maintenance expertise in incident investigations, analyzing data (performance, cost, SHE compliance) and day-to-day manufacturing assistance.
- Assist operations through equipment failure analysis and troubleshooting day-to-day problems, equipment operating performance and operating strategy in order to improve reliability and asset uptime and prevent recurrences.
- Perform follow-up analysis to identify and resolve recurring downtime / inefficient operational issues.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of maintenance and reliability technologies such as asset productivity best practices, PPM, RCFA, RCM, MIQA, planning and scheduling, etc.
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves” and work at all levels of organization as circumstances require.
- Strong technical knowledge of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation equipment.
- Ability to put in time required to learn and lead.
- Experience implementing maintenance and reliability improvements related to rotating equipment, vessels, piping, heat exchangers, columns, conveyors, rotary dryers and other mechanical equipment.
- Physically able to wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when necessary.
- The successful candidate must be willing and able to spend up to 50% of the time in physical plant areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Petroleum Engineering with relevant maintenance experience. (Non-degreed candidates with greater than 15 years of equivalent experience with a strong maintenance and operations background will be considered.)
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment; heavy industry preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in maintenance supervision, including supervising both hourly and salaried employees
- Credible exposure to Lean Six Sigma preferred.
- Continuous process manufacturing experience highly desired.
This person must have solid experience with a broad spectrum of maintenance disciplines, including preventative and predictive maintenance. The candidate should have solid computer skills including a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite. Strong analytical, verbal, writing and presentation skills are required. Budgeting experience preferred.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree