Maintenance and Reliability Manager
|Beaumont, Texas - United States
$130,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|plus target bonus
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Maintenance & Reliability Manager leads and directs the activities of personnel responsible for implementing all applicable maintenance and reliability standards for the purpose of inspecting, maintaining, monitoring, and improving the integrity and reliability of plant equipment. Manages and leads the Planning, Scheduling and Execution of maintenance activities and responsible for ensuring quality maintenance work is executed according to site and industry best practices and standards. The responsibility also extends to maintenance contractors executing work for the Company.
- Manage the assets, teams and processes to deliver World Class SHE performance in line with the site strategy. Lead the organization to create and maintain a safe work environment / mindset for their employees, contractors, and visitors achieving the site’s goal of zero safety and environmental incidents.
- Support site and department manager in establishing and managing the site’s asset reliability program in an effort to achieve World Class reliability and maintenance effectiveness through the implementation of accepted industry best practices in the following areas:
- Work Management Process – this includes the entire lifecycle of maintenance planned and scheduled work, kiting and staging, etc.
- Execution of maintenance strategies including Preventive, Predictive and Condition based maintenance.
- Contractor Management – this includes safety, procurement practices, core/non-core analysis, vendor performance, etc.
- MRO Stores Management (Cyanides/Services Maintenance Area Manager only) – this includes managing the site’s MRO inventory utilizing industry accepted practices on inventory management/control, quality control, storage, goods issue/receipts, and required lay-up Preventive Maintenance for critical equipment spares.
- Turnaround Management – this includes scope definition and management; as well as, managing process for identifying requirements, planning, and executing turnaround.
- Manage the Planning and Turnaround activities:
- Manage and supervise the creation of selected work plans and/or schedules for the maintenance, inspection, cleaning and improvements of plant assets.
- Directs Planners with the assembly of work plans, schedules, and outlines of comprehensive work packages.
- Work with vendors or contractors to troubleshoot or manage minor projects.
- Participate in or execute special projects assigned by the Engineering Manager
- Develop personnel capability at all levels in their organization with the right skill sets and competencies to become a high-performing team aligned to the departmental and site objectives.
- Proactively manage employee relations by promoting a positive work environment through open and regular communication. Thereby providing employees appropriate guidance, addressing concerns/issues and conveying adherence to and support of company policies and practices as described in the Employee Manual.
- Provide input to all proposed Management of Changes to ensure changes do not conflict with Company and PSM requirements (as well as site’s reliability objectives) while ensuring that both personnel and equipment risks in their areas have been assessed and addressed prior to implementing the changes.
- Monitor and manage area maintenance fixed costs to ensure budget limits are achieved.
- Identify and drive improvement opportunities in their respective areas while ensuring consistency is maintained across the department. Utilize tools such as 5S, Lean, Visual Management to drive improvements in their organizations.
- Provide input to department manager on capital needs related to infrastructure, asset lifecycle, and material deficiencies. Utilize the Pex process when appropriate to submit concept papers for items identified.
- Champion the creation, review and revision of Maintenance Procedures for critical activities. Create efficiency and consistency by continuously looking for opportunities to proceduralize repetitive activities.
- Measure and monitor Key Performance Indicators for their area (Backlog, Schedule Compliance, Mechanical Downtime, etc.).
- Create a staffing plan that incorporates the following:
- Training plan for both direct and indirect employees
- Forecasted attrition
- New site requirements
- Management of Change of Personnel
- Uphold housekeeping standards for both employees and contractors.
- The job holder is required to effectively lead his/her organization such that maintenance objectives are achieved through the direct work of others. It requires enabling a sense of ownership and accountability among all area personnel.
- The job holder leads M&R improvements in a manner such that production objectives are achieved by supporting the processes needed to achieve sustainable reliability at the lowest asset lifecycle costs. It requires partnering with their peers in Operations to drive and influencing a sense of ownership and accountability among all area personnel.
- In depth knowledge of accepted Maintenance best practices and a sound understanding of reliability practices. Certification as a Maintenance and Reliability Professional is desired but not required.
- Solid understanding of Planning and Scheduling concepts.
- Utilization of backlog measurement to manage manpower requirements
- Foundational understanding of Process Safety Management especially in areas pertaining to asset integrity.
- Strong foundational knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems. A Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree is preferred but not required.
- 10+ years of experience in a Maintenance Manager or Reliability Manager role in a Manufacturing or Chemical Plant environment required.
- Strong leadership capabilities and communication skills (both verbal and written). Must be able to communicate at all levels in the organization.
- Experience in establishing performance metrics and utilizing visual systems to help drive improvement.
- Experience implementing and management of Computer Maintenance Management Systems preferred.
- Position requires strong leadership and people management skills
- Concern for standards such that operational discipline reflecting Company standards is practiced rigorously.
- Interpersonal effectiveness that builds and enables a culture of collaborative relationships and maximizes the ability of the manager to influence positive contributions from each employee.
- Strategic Thinking on sustainable solutions/processes needed for the entire site (all units) utilizing a common vision of the needed actions to maximize the near-term goals without compromising the long-term objectives.
- Initiative that engages proactive behavior, which anticipates needs and addresses them before they become critical to performance.
- Results Orientation that drives and focuses the organization on key objectives, safety of employees, effective outcomes, resource management and the overall bottom-line to drive the value delivered by the organization.