Process Engineer - Foods
|Indianapolis, Indiana - United States
$95,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Worldwide expanding company
Will work with the New Product Development team to implement new products through design and process developments in a SQF (Foods) environment. The Process Engineer’s role also includes working with our Operations teams to reduce process variability and improve production efficiencies. The Process Engineer will focus primarily on the following accountabilities:
- Apply safety standards in the design of processes and manufacturing equipment.
- Work independently or as part of a team; may also serve as Project Lead for large automation projects.
- Lead all phases of an automation project, from early development through completion; may also be responsible for project management and training exercises, as needed.
- Demonstrate solid rapport with clients, peers, and supervisors.
- Contribute to the enhancement of overall equipment effectiveness.
- Develop vendor sources and work with them to continuously improve their costs and services, thereby enhancing the competitive position of Weaver.
- Meet cost and timing objectives on all programs and projects.
- Train manufacturing on the use and maintenance of new equipment and processes.
- Assist in the debugging of new equipment and troubleshoot problems with existing equipment.
- Complete necessary documentation for process acceptance.
- Determines and proceed with the best design and implementation solutions compatible with safety, quality, and both process and equipment constraints
- Work both independently and in team-based project environments.
- Design, implement, and support PLC, HMI, and software for control systems and equipment.
- Observe, document, analyze, and continuously improve manufacturing operations.
- Interact with operators to optimize process and improve workstation environment.
- Understand manufacturing processes and process instrumentation.
- Design, implement, and support electrical hardware systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Engineering or Food Science.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with related experience may qualify.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five (5) years of automation and electrical engineering experience including the following:
- Packaging development, design, and manufacturing.
- Project management skills.
- Multi-plant role (30% travel; mostly same-day trips)
Preferred qualifications include the following:
- Seven (7) plus years of experience.
- Familiarity with high-speed food manufacturing processes
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree