Intake Coordinator - LPN / RN - Home health care
|, Minnesota - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Home health care firmseeking a full-time Intake Nurse. This role is highly visible and integral in coordinating with different teams within the office. The Intake nurse coordinates referrals, admissions, medical orders, insurance verifications, and other services. This position serves as a pivotal point in communication with referral sources, clients, and staff and clinicians to ensure efficient intake processing and care delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives, screens, and appropriately disseminates information related to the coordination of patient care and program effectiveness. Gathers all necessary information and completes data entry of patient demographic information, verifies payor coverage and coordinates logistics and information transfer. Provides the communication link between staff, clients, families, the medical community, other internal departments and other community agencies.
- Obtains initial reimbursement authorizations by providing pricing and billing information in accordance with established guidelines. Documents initial insurance verification prior to start of care. Obtains sufficient information to ensure ongoing authorization from insurance case manager. Updates clinical system as additional information is received.
- Receives and responds to incoming referrals and evaluates them for required services and care.
- Provides feedback to all referral sources about referral outcomes, services arranged, or reasons for not admitting the client, as appropriate.
- Responds to inquiries regarding general program information. Serves as a resource to recommend services to agency staff.
- Processes clinical data including but not limited to computer entry of referral data, medication information, and faxed orders for home health and hospice services.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Medical benefit
- Health Savings Account
- Direct Deposit
- Current nursing license in the State of Minnesota.
- Two years of previous nursing experience with at least 1 year of acute care experience.
- Ability to pass a background check and DMV check.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction.
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, and ability to learn computer-based software systems.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management and organization.
- Ability to work within time constraints, meets deadlines, work independently with a minimum amount of direction and/or supervision.
- Recent home care experience preferred.
- Medicare intake experience preferred.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree