|Senior Internal Auditor
|Miami, Florida - United States
|$80,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|Employer Will Recruit From:
A multi-billion dollar global industry leader has an immediate opening for a Sr. Internal Auditor for their Americas team. This position will be focused on their North American and Latin American operations where their business leadership is expected to expand through further growth and acquisitions.
Although the role will be based in Miami, the employee will be expected to spend up to 50% of his or her time working at other locations in the Americas and must be proficient in Spanish as well as English (written and spoken). Portuguese would be a very desirable added skill to have.
In recent years, the Company's audit focus has expanded to include a wide range of corporate, shared-service, non-financial, and strategic audits in addition to the more traditional plant reviews. This broad focus will offer significant development opportunities for the Sr. Internal Auditor within the audit group or a number of other vertical career tracks - locations including Miami, other US cities, or globally.
The Senior Internal Auditor position requires someone who is highly confident and competent possessing strong financial accounting and audit experience, including exposure to operational processes. Someone with the ability to expand and apply audit skills across all areas of the business.
This challenging and visible opportunity will offer a competitive base salary, bonus, generous benefits, and paid relocation assistance,
- Take ownership of the scoping, planning, execution, and reporting of audits
- Identify risks, control weaknesses, and the development of possible solutions
- Provide insight/foresight and advice in addition to core assurance
- Provide thought leadership and knowledge sharing with other team members and the broader IA business
- Regular communication and management of stakeholders including business contacts and IA management
- Preparation for and participation (sometimes leads) in exit interviews with management at the end of each audit to secure their agreement on the issues and recommendations raised
- Preparation of Draft Reports for IA management review
- Coordination with IA international team members to ensure coordinated approach for global audit areas
- Suggest improvements in the efficiency of the audit process
- Foster and develop a network within the business
- The role will require travel (up to 50%) to and operate from Company operations across the Americas
- Take strong responsibility for own self-development.
Required Experience For Consideration:
- Recognized degree in Accounting (or similar)
- CIA or CPA (or at least be actively pursuing either)
- 3+ minimum years of experience in external and/or internal audit
- Exposure to operational reviews, e.g. beyond a standard financial audit
- Experience in auditing in a high controls-reliance environment
- Must be able to travel up to 50% to and within North America, Central America, and South America
- Must be proficient in English and Spanish (written and spoken)
- Self-starter with confidence and maturity to deal with all levels of co-workers in the business
- Coaching and developing others
- Effective communication skills and strong report writing skills
- Initiative and the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to resolve conflicts as they arise
- Effective time management and self-organization skills
- Capacity to make appropriate professional judgements, including the ability to recognize and assess audit/business issues as they arise and to develop effective solutions
- Diligence in the thorough performance of all assigned work and a sound work ethic
- Ability to work effectively in a team, sharing knowledge and supporting other team members
- Demonstrate clear potential to move into a Company business role/progress within IA
- Pragmatic with a commercial approach
- Strong demonstrated commitment to personal development
- IT literate – MS Word/Excel skills, user access controls, application controls
Desirable Skills and Abilities:
- A second relevant qualification such as CIA, Certified Fraud Examiner, CISA, etc.
- Sound knowledge of ERP-based controls (specifically SAP) and a conceptual understanding of IT auditing techniques
- Use of data analytic tools (e.g. ACL, Tableau, etc.)
- Proficiency in Portuguese
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How can we make this page better for you? Add your suggestions below.