CNC Maintenance Specialist, Millwright
|, British Columbia - Canada
$70,000.00 - $90,000.00 - Canadian Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Well established business with opportunity for advancement.
This position is responsible for keeping, primarily CNC machines, running. This involves helping to determine preventative maintenance activities and carrying out these activities, as well as troubleshooting problems with machines and doing the repairs, and working with external technicians on the repairs. In addition to CNC machines, this position supports other maintenance personnel in the maintenance and repair of production test and assembly equipment.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance activities, following manufacturer's and internal instructions as required.
- Help to determine preventive maintenance requirements.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions, determine course of action to repair, including parts needed, ordering parts, working with external technicians.
- Liaise with CNC machine programmers and machinists to troubleshoot CNC programs, mechanical or tool related problems.
- Liaise with external technicians of machine tool OEM’s to resolve issues.
- Document actions by completing maintenance records.
- Change machine parameters for CNC machines if required.
- Set-up, program and interpret results from a Renishaw Ballbar.
- Use in-house lathes, mills and hand tools to create custom machine parts.
- Replace and configure servo amplifiers, drives, bearings, thrust bearings, ball screws, etc.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- While the job may primarily be during the day, working later in the day/evening and/or on weekends might be required depending on the urgency of the repair.
To be successful in this role, the following skills, competencies & characteristics are important:
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem-solving ability.
- Strong and consistent sense of urgency.
- Strong knowledge in electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical aspects of CNC machines.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage a variety of tasks.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledgeable with aspects of custom equipment including mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and sensor technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work respectfully and efficiently with a wide range of people from different cultures and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
Qualifications and Experience
We believe the ideal candidate has the following qualifications and experiences:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in CNC machine repair and maintenance in a manufacturing/production environment.
- Canadian Red Seal Millwright.
- Canadian Red Seal Industrial Electrician would be considered an asset.
- A combination of relevant education and experience may also be considered.
- Experience with Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Siemens, Mazatrol, Mori Seiki and/or Okuma CNC controls.