Senior Tax Analyst - Not your 'run of the mill' tax role
|Chicago, Illinois - United States
$65,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client :
- Publicly traded company with a history that has stood the test of time and continues to reinvent themselves and prove their leaders know how to understand clients needs and deliver value.
- Newly forming Tax Department due to longstanding company forming new company and creating new future.
This role is for YOU IF:
- YOU want to BE part of a small team creating the future
- YOU want to CREATE the processes, Use your Mind and NOT just DO the work, and follow the Process been in place FOREVER
- YOU have decided this will be your last Public Accounting Tax season - the countdown is ON!
- YOU don't want to be silo'd into one area of TAX
- YOU have a learning mindset. You want to learn, grow and are want to jump in and do a lot.
If you like what you read below - APPLY NOW - this is a hot role coming off of tax season and being in the loop:
- Interesting Work -This company helps other companies of all sizes grow - IPO, M&A, Restructuring for example
- Full Tax Lifecycle - No Silos into one area of Tax
- Timing - The company just went through a major initiative which enables YOU to be part of building out a new department in a new company but with the value of having a strong backbone from a strong brand support
- Results Driven - no time-clock - goodbye billable hours!
- Jeans everyday...you decide!
- Small Team - you won't get lost! Former Big 4 Team with strong passion for leading, developing and empowering.
- Attitude - Mindset will be key - the team is new, the department is new?
The Work: Yes..you do have to work:
- Offers you an opportunity to be involved in all areas of U.S. federal and state tax.
- Will also have the opportunity to work on international and special projects to build your knowledge and serve the business need
- Other areas of work:
- Year-end & quarterly income tax provision,
- Income tax compliance,
- M&A tax due diligence.
- Audit defense
- Development and Implementation of tax planning strategies
- Transfer pricing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years plus of public accounting tax experience and/or publicly held company
- CPA or parts of the CPA exam passed is preferred
- Experience with ASC 740
- Stable & progressive work experience
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree