This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin - United States
|$65,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|Employer Will Recruit From:
Growing organization in Menomonee Falls, WI is looking for an accounting supervisor.
Great benefits such as:
• SAP experience is required
Responsible for supervising a Staff Accountant and Accounts Payable Specialist while reporting to the Vice-President of Finance, managing both internal and external audit engagements, providing operational guidance to the Supply Chain organization based on financial results, facilitating complex accounting work in a manufacturing environment, and maintaining the General Ledger in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• As a Manager you will provide clarity for direction of your team members, cultivate and motivate high individual and team performance, develop talent, teach, establish and ensure accountability, develop and support core values, engender trust, guide decision making and communicate with transparency.
• Lead the Accounting team in all accounting, analysis, reporting requirements, and other duties as required.
• Reconcile multiple general ledger accounts including accruals and expenses; ensure maintenance of reconciliation records.
• Assist in ensuring the department provides accurate and timely financial data, reporting, and analysis as required or requested to internal customers.
• Lead the fiscal financial close for the Business Unit/Company.
• Review journal entries, bank reconciliations, and intercompany eliminations for accuracy.
• Assist in ensuring the processing of all trade payables and fixed assets is accurate and timely.
• Prepare cost accounting and general accounting journal entries when appropriate to ensure accurate financial reporting.
• Lead in the preparation of the year-end and other intermittent audits; ensure auditors are provided with accurate and defensible information.
• Maintain compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and all Company financial policies and procedures.
• Continuously prepare and review external reports and surveys such as sales and use tax on both a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Review the preparation of annual tax documents (i.e., personal property tax returns) for the Company.
• Provide advanced assistance with accounting issues, when appropriate.
• Serve as an accounting Business Process Owner during the upcoming SAP deployment covering FICO accounting and BPC reporting requirements in coordination with our Supply Chain organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and at a minimum preparing to sit to become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required.
• SAP experience is required.
• Five (5) to ten (10) years of overall accounting experience.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment or public accounting with manufacturing clients is required.
• Analytical skills and data manipulation proficiency using Microsoft software to convert data into information.
• Communication skills both verbally and in writing based upon the audience to replace accounting jargon with more business-centric language for diverse, internal audiences.
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment (i.e. timetables and deadlines, changing priorities, frequent interruptions) where time management is critical to success.
• While prior supervisory experience is not required, a desire and ability to manage a team while developing your management skills through continued education and on-the-job experience is required.
How can we make this page better for you? Add your suggestions below.