Line Leader, Packaging
|Brampton Central, Ontario - Canada
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Competitive Salary
- Great Opportunities for Growth
To ensure the safety, quality, productivity and training needs of the team members to achieve the goals defined for the packaging department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete G.M.P. documents, such as the Packaging Work Order, and forward to the documentation review clerk.
- Ensure equipment log books (stationary/non stationary) are accurately completed.
- Reconcile components used for the packaging operation. (SAP)
- Review and ensure accurate data is recorded and entered into Shop Floor Data collection system.
- Perform housekeeping tasks such as washing floors, walls etc. required in the SOP’s.
- Perform the tasks as directed on the Packaging Work Order (PWO).
- Perform in-process checks
- Retrieve samples as per PWO ie: Routine, Stability, Validation etc.
- Participate in Line Clearance process
- Safety: ensure team members are knowledgeable and aware of the equipment and environment they are expected to work in.
- Quality: monitor and be aware of excessive scrap from the line.
- Complete BPCS transactions in a timely manner.
- Accurately complete PWO and reconcile components in a timely manner.
- Productivity: minimize downtime and maximize up-time by comparing standard line efficiencies to current real time productivity. (Checkweigh Display Data & Shop Floor Data Control).
- Effectively communicate safety, quality and productivity issues to the line mechanics.
- Ensure efficient labour utilization of all team members.
- Delegate on-line tasks.
- Perform “in process” checks.
- Assist with training “line leaders in training”.
- Perform documentation review.
- Supervise / co-ordinate off line packaging activities.
- Complete all GMP Documentation correctly and in a timely manner
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records
- Participate in and/or lead Non Conformance Investigations
- Complete Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA’s)
- Initiate, and follow through with actions required to close Change Controls
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits.
- Will be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent math skills.
- Proficiency with applicable computer software including Microsoft Office, Manufacturing Execution and SAP software
- Excellent organization skills.
- Interacting with shop floor personnel on a daily basis.
- Proactive, thinking ahead.
- Ability to multitask.
- Exposure to current G.M.P. requirements.
- Previous experience working in a similar role in a pharmaceutical packaging environment.
- The position of Line Leader is considered to be a Weekend Shift Rotation every 2 weeks
- Friday to Sunday inclusive from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Friday at 7:00 p.m. through to Monday morning at 7:00 a.m. (inclusive)
- Overtime may be required to complete a task after the shift has ended.
High School/Secondary School