Floor Finisher | Carpet Layer | Carpet / Vinyl / Timber Installer - Adelaide
|Adelaide, South Australia - Australia
$60,000.00 - $100,000.00 - Australian Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Competitive salary in a stable company
- Permanent and long term job opportunity
- 482 visa sponsorship available
Whilst local candidates will be given priority, outstanding onshore international candidates may also be considered for employment with 482 visa sponsorship.
A great opportunity awaits experienced carpet layers, floor finishers, and vinyl/ timber installers in Adelaide.
Carpet layers are required to measure, cut, install and repair soft and resilient floor coverings.
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who have experience in all aspects of Floor Finishing jobs with a high quality output of work.
Our client is an established business and has built a reputation on quality in the local commercial building market of floor finishing.
Carpet layers are required to measure, cut, install and repair soft and resilient floor coverings. They are also expected to do the following:
- Drive to sites, remove existing floor covering, assess condition of floors, and install new floor covering
- Installing carpets, carpet tiles, carpet mats and vinyl flooring
- Measuring areas to be covered and consulting plans to estimate quantities of floor covering materials required preparing surfaces for covering and removing baseboard trims
- Measuring, cutting and fixing underlay materials
- Cutting and shaping carpet to approximate room sizes in accordance with plans and carefully placing in rooms in readiness for installation.
- Answer questions, provide information and represent the company to clients
- Clean work areas and vehicles, remove scraps, and dispose materials
- Carry equipment, materials, and goods to and from various locations.
How to Apply
If you think you have the above qualities, are looking for a new challenge, and believe you have what it takes to drive a team to succeed consistently, please forward your resume, along with a cover letter, by clicking on the apply button below.
The Ideal Candidate
- With at least 3 years experience as Floor Finisher/ Carpet Layer
- Ideally completed Cert III in Floor Finishing
- Competent in reading and understanding Floor plans, measurements, installation Work Orders (Job Sheets) and various documentation associated with carpet installations.
- Competent in assessing various job sites, assessing floor preparation, planning and check measuring before starting the carpet installation.
- Has the ability to communicate with different types of people including: clients, project managers, supervisors, other installers, installation scheduler, managers and sales staff.
- Can carry out all work in accordance with Flooring Industry standards.