Automation Engineer - Pharmaceuticals
|Monroe, North Carolina - United States
$80,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Automation Engineer is responsible for specifying, selection, configuration, planning, procurement, programming, troubleshooting, installation and commissioning of process, materials handling and utilities software and electrical controls for Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA).
- Integration of new automation platforms and with existing systems.
- Develop the automation and control user requirement specifications, functional requirement specifications, and design qualification documents for new equipment and/or projects.
- Ensuring the proper design reviews are performed for all logic control sequences and automation design projects.
- Write automation programs, source automation and control components/software/applications, and troubleshoot control and automation problems at the site.
- Responsible for drawing management and record drawing control at the site per current SOP, including drawing revision controls and drawing updates (As-Builts and record drawings).
- Develop and manage the software programming, platforms, and standards to integrate the site process systems for specific applications.
- Participate in factory acceptance testing as it relates to automation and controls.
- Develop and execute a plan for correcting various automation and control problems that arise at the site on existing systems. Assist Maintenance staff in troubleshooting automation and controls problems that arise as needed.
- Troubleshoot with the Maintenance staff to resolve automation and controls issues that arise in the operation as needed.
- Provide training for Maintenance staff to troubleshoot automation and controls issues. Strive for minimum downtime due to automation and controls issues.
- Work with the various disciplines at the site to coordinate execution of automation validation, commissioning, and turnover of automation projects.
- Ensure proper change control processes are followed for automation and controls changes or enhancements.
- Conduct root cause analysis activities for automation and controls related incidents.
- Create general arrangement plan view mechanical drawings for integration of new equipment in to existing production lines.
- Maintain Password Control for all Manufacturing Equipment equipped with HMI or SCADA per current SOP.
- Understand of 21 CFR Part 11 specification.
- Complete all required training with in due dates.
- Ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities based on current business needs.
- BS or BT Degree in Electrical Engineering (4 year) required
- 7-10 years’ experience in similar technical role
- Electrical design and programming experience
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing industry experience, preferred
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree