Purchasing Specialist - Electronic components
|Boca Raton, Florida - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
As the Purchasing Specialist you will have visibilty with executive leadership. The company is a designer and manufacturer of high performance, high quality digital cameras for various industries, industrial, commercial, military and aerospace. They work with many DoD clients. They are dominant player in a global imaging market.
Will directly interact with Vendors, Operations, Accounts Payable and Engineering
- Create PO’s on time with proper approvals and documentation
- Expedite urgent requests when necessary.
- Participate in invoice resolution and supplier account reconciliation
- Negotiate with suppliers on special pricing
- Will be responsible for ensuring proper content of new and updated items uploaded in the system.
- Coordinate purchasing activities with other departments to maintain inventory
- Contact suppliers on adjustments, incorrect material or delivery problems
- Monitor vendor on-time deliveries
- Interact with all levels of personnel
- Compile and analyze trends in prices and supply of materials
- Ensure that materials are purchased at agreed upon price, in specified quantity, within scheduled dates
- Supervise the follow-up and expediting of vendor deliveries
- Maintain consistent and accurate purchase, price, stock and consumption records
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus but not required
- MUST HAVE PREVIOUS ELECTRONIC COMPONENT PURCHASING EXPERIENCE.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with ERP systems, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel
- Must be very organized, able to work with strict deadlines, persistent in obtaining desired feedback from suppliers
- Aptitude for planning, negotiating and purchasing of materials
- MUST BE A LOCAL CANDIDATE NO RELOCATION
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree