Enterprise Risk Executive Director
|Chicago, Illinois - United States
$165,000.00 - $235,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Held responsible for managing numerous multifaceted events relating to Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) performance related to all risk spheres. The incumbent will lead a group that partners to identify, vet, and assess numerous risks through the client bank by performing defined multiple risk program efforts. The incumbent will oversee the assessment of processes, review quality assurance reports and participate or consult in initiatives for improved efficiency, success or risk decrease. The incumbent may also identify opportunities for program modernization that should be validated by executive management. This opportunity will lead governance routines to report and heighten as necessary to executive management while pushing to institutionalize a cultural awareness of risk management best practices. Will also be an authoritative source of risk management knowledge who will instruct the platform and business partners to educate.
- Position may independently interpret risk director's program into an executable form as required to fit the business structure.
- Position is also expected to update the design of program elements into supreme execution models and collaborate with peers to homogenize implementation.
- Successful influence quality improvement with business line executives which will also require coaching into their multiple risk teams.
- Position will interact with other division risk teams in such a way as to influence the lessons learned into an enterprise-wide best practice.
- Position will counsel on the effectiveness of training and champion adjustments, which may also include external training sources.
- Lead risk program management requirements with minor supervision and deliver independent review of risks and exposures.
- Coach others on executing the practices garnered from corporate training by varied risk disciplines and influence adoption through process/ routine adjustments.
- Participate in risk management proactive exercises.
- Direct the complete risk management relationship between other line of defense risk teams as well as consulting teams to please Internal Audit demands.
- This position will necessitate a high level of independent problem solving skills, with authority to approve or escalate unresolved conflicts.
- Challenge associated risk partners to innovate and expand risk program to produce best management practices or KRI amendments. This includes representative value added efforts to business management and will necessitate influencing multiple levels of management.
- Ten to fifteen years’ previous experience, or demonstrate the ability to perform at proficient level of competence to meet duties.
- Minimum six years’ management experience.
- Experience in identifying high performing team members.
- Ability to motivate peers, subordinates and effectively partners with colleagues internally and within the industry.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree