Director – Enterprise Risk Leadership
|Atlanta, Georgia - United States
$165,000.00 - $240,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Accountable for managing multiple complex activities relating to Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) performance associated to all risk domains. The individual will lead a division that works to identify, assess and action various risks throughout the client bank by executing defined multiple risk programs. The Executive will oversee the evaluation of processes, review control (and quality) assurance reports and participate (and consult) in initiatives and lead and/or influence opportunities for improved efficiency, effectiveness and/or risk reduction. The individual may also identify opportunities for program innovation that should be authenticated by line management. This opportunity will lead governance routines to report and heighten as necessary to executive management while pushing to institutionalize a cultural awareness of risk management best practices. Will also be an authoritative source of risk management knowledge who will coach the division and business partners to educate and counsel. This Position will also cooperate with all lines of internal risk management peers including other first line of defense teams, corporate risk functions and internal audit.
- Challenge risk teams to innovate and expand risk metric program to yield best portfolio coverage/ management or pursue KRI amendments. This includes demonstrating the value added to the business management and will entail influencing multiple levels of management.
- Position may independently translate risk director's program into an executable version as necessary to fit the business product/ structure.
- Position is also expected to modernize the design of program elements into unsurpassed execution models and collaborate with peers to standardize implementation.
- Successful influence toward quality improvement with business line executives is vital, which will also require coaching into their multiple risk teams.
- This position will necessitate a high level of independent problem solving skills, with authority to approve or escalate unresolved conflicts.
- Position will interact with other division risk teams in such a way as to influence the lessons learned into an enterprise-wide best practice.
- Position will counsel on the effectiveness of training and champion adjustments, which may also include external training sources.
- The Position will safeguard that dependable products are delivered and actions are tracked to completion.
- Lead risk program management requirements with slight supervision and provide independent review of risks and exposures.
- Coach others on executing the practices gleaned from corporate training via varied risk disciplines and influence adoption through process/ routine adjustments.
- Accountable for all aspects of people management such as staff selection and hiring, performance management, recognition and retention.
- Participate in risk management proactive exercises within division's risk program.
- Direct the complete risk management relationship between other first line of defense risk teams as well as consulting teams to satisfy Internal Audit demands.
- Seven (7) to Ten (10) years previous experience, or demonstrate the ability to perform at proficient level of competence to meet duties.
- Minimum Four (4) years management experience.
- Experience in identifying high potential/high performing team members.
- Ability to motivate peers, subordinates and effectively partners with colleagues internally and within the industry.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree