|Austin, Texas - United States
$70,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client bank has an immediate need for a SBA Underwriter. The successful applicant's chief role will be to facilitate the credit underwriting function of SBA and USDA government guaranteed loans. This position will act as the lead party for the SBA Department and is accountable for directing all activities related to the credit approval process of government guaranteed loans funded by the bank. This position reports directly to the line of business executive and will work under minimal supervision.
You will be working in a growing, fast paced regional bank environment. Tasks include assist with credit decisions on government guaranteed loan opportunities for new and existing commercial banking clients. Analyze, evaluate, and document the serious components of a credit decision. Spread financial statements, identify principal credit issues, and prepare an accurate, concise, focused underwriting document incorporating financial, industry, and risk analysis.
- Formulate high-quality, comprehensive credit approval documents that encompass an in-depth analysis and an understanding and identification of credit issues and risks.
- Prepare and decision loan requests within established time lines in accordance with the Bank’s Loan Policy and procedures.
- Refer with line of business executive to recommend proper loan structuring that limits risk to the Bank.
- Spread and understand financial statements, tax returns and projections.
- Order and review third-party reports, appraisals and valuations as mandatory.
- Work closely with Management to support efforts to meet lending goals and objectives.
- Maintain an acceptable level of client service to all (internal and external clients) and maintain suitable level of communication with all partners.
- Observe all compliance requirements recognized by Bank, including timely completion of online compliance training components.
- Assist all partners in the closing and booking of commercial loans.
- Reviews the official SBA authorization and loan agreement for accurateness and to safeguard the terms and conditions correspond with the approved credit authorization.
- Prepares preliminary review of completed loan documents; disburses loan proceeds, and prepares
- 4+ years SBA loan underwriting or commercial loan underwriting experience, to include processing and closing Tasks.
- Must possess robust credit and organizational skills, be able to meet deadlines, work well in pressure situations and possess advanced communication skills – listening, written and verbal.
- Working acquaintance of SBA and USDA B&I policies, procedures and regulations.
- Organized, detail oriented and has the Capacity to complete multiple tasks effectively and in a timely manner.
- Capacity to prioritize work and perform under limited supervision.
- Working acquaintance of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with FIS and SBA software platforms helpful.
- College degree in accounting, economics or finance preferred.
- Capacity to work well with co-workers at all levels of the organization.
- Commercial lending experience and working in a community bank atmosphere a plus.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree