|SBA/Government Loan Underwriter or Underwriting Supervisor
|Dallas, Texas - United States
|$70,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|Employer Will Recruit From:
Lead business development activities for U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)/Government Loan programs including referrals, underwriting and packaging of applications for the client bank. Maintain a high degree of client service while contributing to the global success of the Bank.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
· Act as the SBA/Government Loan program production resource for bank Commercial Lenders.
· Collaborate with Business Bankers, Commercial Lenders and other Trusted Advisors through participation in joint calls with SBA borrowers.
· Act as a resource to Branch lenders on eligibility requests, to identify qualifying borrowers and improve acquaintance of SBA/Government Loan Programs.
· Work with the bank’s SBA/Government Loan Program Manager on development and maintenance of Bank products and procedures related to SBA/Government Loans.
· Distribute Lender SBA/Government Program training.
· Sustain compliance with all lending requirements based on all SBA standard operating procedures (SOP); act as indorsing officer or review and sign off on Loan Committee Applications for 7a, 504 and other Government Program loan requests.
· Receive inquiries from clients for government loans; interview loan applicants and attain necessary information to safeguard a complete credit application is obtained.
· Act as the first filter for SBA eligibility compliance on multipart transactions, recommending and completing review of other Government Loan applications preceding to approval.
· Meet individual production, loan management and additional assigned goals.
· Advance strategies to sell SBA and other Government Loan programs to clients and prospects; increase loan portfolio, developing client/prospect lists within assigned market area.
· Maintain wide-ranging acquaintance of competitor's products, services and activities in the market area.
· Participate in internal/external training to maintain acquaintance of SBA and other Government Program lending activities, compliance, regulations and other training as vital.
· Obey to all bank policies and procedures and assist team members as appropriate.
· Actively participate in NAGGL as a bank representative.
· Five or more years’ experience in SBA/government program lending.
· Robust credit and analytical skills and extensive acquaintance of bank services.
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills including the capacity to professionally and tactfully communicate with others, and present information clearly and effectively.
· Maintain thorough acquaintance of banking regulations, SBA regulations/government lending programs, and a complete understanding of credit risk management and Loan Policy.
· Demonstrate willingness to accept increasingly complex responsibilities.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How can we make this page better for you? Add your suggestions below.