|Middleton, Massachusetts - United States
$100,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opportunity for a Project Engineer to get more responsibilty servicing multiple plants.
Our client is a world leader in Adhesives manufacturing.
They need a Project Engineer to make an impact as a key decision maker identifying capital projects and interacting with multi-disciplinary teams including plant personnel, consultants, and suppliers.
The Project Engineer will travel to USA and Mexico facilities, and equipment vendors to design, construct and install capital equipment as part of a multidisciplined project team.
The Project Engineer evaluate and select equipment vendors and general contractors, typical project work load is 1 to 5 capital projects up to $10 million +
The Project Engineer is accountable for the design, construction and installation of the capital project that meets all applicable codes, equipment and building standards and safety and environmental compliance.
- Capital project engineering for all sites, buildings and process equipment
- Design, construct and install capital projects according to internal and external codes, construction standards, safety standards and procedures
- Provide support as part of the capital management process, including stage gate requirements
- Define and write equipment definitions for RFQ and PO requirements as part of purchasing process, issue PO’s according to purchase procedure
- Manage, report capital project spending, work time and travel expenses, budget to forecast
- Peer review other projects to relevant engineering and project process standards
- Support Process Safety Management (PSM) program
- Practice safe work habits in accordance with OSHA, EPA and EHS guidelines and expectations
- Assist manufacturing plants in throughput enhancements and efficiency improvements
- Provide cost estimates for project planning process and trouble-shooting for production issues
- Coordinate with plant maintenance on equipment best-practice maintenance and repairs
- Take part in team based capital projects with commercial team, plant operations, process engineering, finance, quality, procurement, supply management and EHS functions.
- Write cost justifications for Authorization of Expenditures
- Take part in drafting and updating internal equipment and construction standards.
- Take part in PHA’s as necessary
- Conduct project commissioning, which includes start-up and validation activities
- Provide support to smaller sites without dedicated process engineering resource.
- Work directly with external contractors to complete responsibilities as required.
- BS Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years experience in a chemical plant managing capital projects $500K +
- Familiarity with Process Safety Management PSM
- Understand chemical plant codes and standards: OSHA, NFPA, NEC, API, ASME, etc.
- Strong computer skills, MS Office, AutoCAD, understanding of PLC ladder logic
- Team focused mindset
- Travel up to 25%,domestic and Mexico dependent on project scope
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree