|Financial Reporting Senior Accountant
|Littleton, Colorado - United States
|$60,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|Employer Will Recruit From:
Large, publicly held manufacturing comapny with lots of room to grow, great benefits, and great work life balance is looking for a financial reporting senior accountant
As the Financial Reporting Senior Accountant of the Company and under the direction of the Financial Reporting Manager, you will coordinate and compile SEC Filings, including drafting MD&A, footnotes and disclosure, as well as reporting provided to the Company’s executive leadership and Board of Directors. You will provide financial research on technical accounting issues and policies, along with various other financial accounting and reporting duties, as assigned. You must be willing to take a "hands-on" approach to report compilation and filing. A successful candidate will be highly customer focused with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work independently and perform to high standards of productivity and accuracy. Must be a team player and have the ability to effectively interact with personnel at all levels of the Company. This individual should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and display the ability and the willingness to meet business critical deadlines.
1. Participates in the preparation of all external financial reporting. This includes Form 10-Q; Form 10-K and various reports (i.e. filing of corporate annual reports and maintaining schedule of reporting requirements).
2. Draft Form 10-Q and Form 10-K footnotes, management discussion and analysis and other sections, and prepares tie-out support for each set of financial statements.
3. Prepares quarterly financial schedules included in the earnings release.
4. Performs the global consolidation process, including intercompany reconciliation and eliminations.
5. Coordinates with, and supplies information to, internal and external auditors involving review of financial statements and accounting procedures, policies and documentation. Ensures Company is in compliance.
6. Prepares monthly financial reporting package provided to senior management and the Board of Directors.
7. Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for corporate-related transactions and accounts, including debt, equity, foreign currency transactions, and long-lived assets. Complete associated analysis and monthly reporting for technical accounting areas.
8. Research and review of new accounting pronouncements (SEC, FASB, PCAOB). Draft technical accounting policies and determine application to the Company.
9. Coordination with plant finance teams in multiple locations, and other parts of the organization. Development of due dates for all schedules/information required, and working with other finance staff to ensure proper accounting and reporting.
10. Ensures compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act related to internal controls over financial reporting, including ensuring key controls are identified, processes are accurately documented, and controls are executed effectively. Assist in the identification, evaluation, and remediation of control deficiencies at corporate and across the organization.
11. Assist with the development and maintenance of global accounting and financial reporting policies and procedures.
12. Assists with tax filings and estimated tax payments. Involvement with transfer pricing processes and documentation, including maintaining corporate management fee model and support for data analysis of allocated expenses.
13. Assist Financial Reporting Manager, Director Corporate Accounting and SEC Reporting, and Chief Accounting Officer in special projects, as needed.
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting and a CPA is required.
2. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in public accounting or industry. 1-2 years of experience in Public Accounting or with public companies required.
3. Strong knowledge of SEC reporting and disclosure requirements and also of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
4. Ability to research accounting issues and prepare technical accounting memorandums.
5. Strong analytical skills and ability to recognize unusual trends.
6. Experience with international consolidations and foreign currency
7. Working knowledge of stock based compensation accounting.
8. Strong PC skills and knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint and Hyperion HFM (preferable).
9. Strong sense of accuracy and attention to detail.
10. Results oriented with awareness of deadlines.
11. Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
12. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
13. Ability to work independently
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
Bachelor's degree in accounting and a CPA is required. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in public accounting or industry. 1-2 years of experience in Public Accounting or with public companies required. Strong knowledge of SEC reporting and disclosure requirements and also of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
How can we make this page better for you? Add your suggestions below.