This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Job Location:||Wilton, Connecticut - United States|
|Salary:||$110,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
(CT) – This is a new role because the client continues to expand by acquiring in force life insurance/annuities blocks of business. In this role, you’ll be working directly with the Assistant Vice President who is deep insurance professional and good mentor. You can expect a strong benefits package, a good work life balance and to be surrounded by strong players from the insurance industry who value your input.
The scope of this role is Treasury where you'll be working with a team that includes the Chief Investments Officer, the AVP and 2 others. You'll manage: banking relationships, bank accounts/treasury services, cash and liquidity planning, debt covenant, trust and LOC monitoring as well as statutory state deposit maintenance. 3-5 years treasury experience is required. BA/BS in accounting or finance. A fuller job description is below:
Manage Banking Relationships
1. Manage relationships with all banks.
2. Participate in Request for Proposal (RFP) process for new banking partners and services.
3. Negotiate and monitor pricing of various banking services.
4. Review banks’ billing, approve invoices for services. Prepare budget and monitor variances.
5. Handle Know Your Customer (KYC) and other compliance issues for all bank relationships.
6. Work with Legal Dept to review and negotiate agreements for custody, trusts and other services.
Manage Bank Accounts and Treasury Services
1. Identify business needs and open or close bank accounts as needed.
2. Work extensively with internal and external parties to ensure the most appropriate treasury services are implemented and utilized efficiently.
3. Manage conversions, implementations and upgrades of various treasury and custody services.
4. For company acquisitions, work with the client(s) to transition existing bank accounts and to set up new bank accounts and services as needed.
5. For reinsurance and administration transactions, work with the client(s) and administrators to set up new bank accounts and required treasury services.
6. With assistance from Legal Dept, maintain banking resolutions and authorized signatories.
7. Manage the servicers and negotiate pricing for Credit Card processing.
8. Online Banking Systems Administration – Set up of authorized users, training, reporting.
Cash Management and Liquidity Planning
1. Monitor corporate bank accounts for adequate funding.
2. Monitor all third party administrators’ bank accounts and fund as needed.
3. Liquidity planning for larger receipts and disbursements. Work with CFO, CIO, other Wilton Re personnel and asset managers to ensure funds are available (or that an investment plan exists).
4. Cash flow reporting and forecasting. Quarterly analytics of cash and short-term balances.
Debt Covenant, Trust and LOC Monitoring
1. Monitor all reinsurance and collateral trust balances to ensure minimum required balances are maintained. Withdraw excess funds as permitted.
2. Prepare and deliver trust reports for trust counterparties.
3. Coordinate with the treaty / reinsurance accounting dept to maintain appropriate Letter of Credit (LOC) amounts for each beneficiary. Maintain inventory and process amendments as needed.
4. Provide reporting of collateral balances and coverage ratios for credit facility.
Statutory State Deposit Maintenance
1. Maintain the regulatory accounts for deposits required by various state insurance regulations.
2. Process replacements of deposits as necessary.
1. Work with internal and external auditors for documentation and testing of internal controls.
2. Assist with preparation of presentation materials for boards, committees, rating agencies and creditors.
3. Assist in the preparation of STAT and GAAP financials and footnotes and rating agency surveys.
4. File management - Post files to SharePoint. Obtain files from third party data portals as needed.
5. Develop and maintain Business Continuity Plan for banking and cash management.
6. Work with IT and Finance on systems integration and process improvements.
Treasury experience per the above. Insurance industry experience ideal