Chief Financial Officer
|Birmingham, Alabama - United States
$115,000.00 - $175,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to develop, plan, organize, and direct the Bank’s financial management activities. This incumbent will be primarily responsible for the overall management and strategic direction of all essential Finance, Treasury, and Accounting operations. As an executive leader in the client Bank, the CFO will manage all finance activities and staff in a way that reinforces the Bank’s culture, values and mission via the delivery of Finance programs and services. This incumbent will execute state-of-the-art approaches and ideas, and generate creative solutions for all aspects of finance and risk which will set the Bank apart in the industry.
This position will provide vision, leadership and managerial direction required to exceed the growth and profitability objectives of the organization. Also provides effective guidance to the Chairman and CEO, President and COO, Board of Directors and Senior Management concerning fiscal control, profitability and financial feasibility and risk for all areas of the client bank. The incumbent will be accountable for ensuring the effective hiring, training, management, coaching, and development of the all employees in the Finance and Accounting team.
Crucial Job Functions:
Develop and recommend plans for the department. Provide for the continuing development of subordinate managers and staff. Conduct periodic performance reviews and provide guidance/direction in developing and implementing plans and objectives.
- Act as a positive role model for staff by maintaining a high level of managerial competence, technical proficiency, and professionalism.
- Attend all Board of Directors meetings, furnish financial reports, and present all relevant financial information monthly.
- Lead the asset/liability management process, directing data analysis, discussion and decision-making in concert with the Company’s asset/liability and investment advisors.
- Sustain up-to-date data on interest rate and economic forecasts.
- Formulate ALCO reports for quarterly meetings; prepare meeting minutes and report to the
- Review, maintain, and make recommendations for changes to investment policy to the CEO and the Executive Committee to ensure maximum return on the portfolio consistent with Bank’s risk and return strategy.
- Oversee preparation of investment activity report and present it to Executive Committee.
- Oversee work of Bank Controller and accounting staff to ensure that Bank accounting is conducted following generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversee the preparation of a variety of financial reports including quarterly FDIC call report, annual Bank Commissioner’s report, semiannual Deposit Insurance Fund premium calculation report and the Treasurer’s report for the Corporation’s meeting.
- Direct and develop analysis of new concepts and/or new products that could increase operating efficiency, profits and/or market share; direct profitability analysis of business segments.
- Maintain a robust working relationship with other members of the Senior Management Team by fostering teamwork and mutual trust.
- Coordinate interim and annual audit activities in conjunction with the Bank’s external auditor.
- Oversee annual budget process, communicate budget plans to senior management, and monitor actual departmental performance against established budget.
- Oversee and monitor the Bank’s tax planning effort to ensure efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations; monitor and evaluate insurance coverage for cost-effectiveness and adequacy of coverage.
Requirements & Abilities:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree (Master’s Degree and/or CPA Preferred) and 10+ years’ Finance and Risk management experience; banking industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge in all aspects of finance, accounting, reporting, budgeting, financial analysis, investments, interest rate risk, and liquidity to ensure that the financial goals and objectives of the organization are met.
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills.
- Aptitude to successfully manage several projects simultaneously.
- Robust background in technology with hands-on ability to use computerized accounting systems, Excel and Word.
- Requires direct proven knowledge in all functional areas of Finance and Risk Management.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree