Data Governance Executive (Banking)
|Dallas, Texas - United States
$150,000.00 - $210,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Data Governance Executive lead the data governance effort as an official set of practices and capabilities to safeguard the bank truly has the very highest quality information for making management choices permitting business strategies and meeting crucial regulatory expectations.
- This is a new created and innovative vertical within the client bank and is a great opportunity for people who like to influence transformation at the executive level. This leadership opportunity will aid in the build out of leadership and broaden the data experience within the organization.
- The Data Governance Manager will be tasking with building out operational processes to back all business lines to be compliant with all relevant regulations.
- Must have financial services experience.
- Facilitate workshops with stakeholder representation to influence consensus on highest priority key business elements.
- Contribute in working groups to advise on recommendations for developing enterprise data governance competences.
- Safeguard compliance with the enterprise data governance policy and guidance.
- Maintain an enterprise inventory of significant business elements, systems of record, or provisioning points that are owned by the stakeholder and necessitate compliance with the policy.
- Cooperate with all business lines, to maintain documentation, create processes and procedures to gather information and technical data associated to ensuring data quality key business elements.
- Backing the business lines in their adoption of the policy and guidance.
- Work with business line data stewards to advance business rules for measuring data excellence .
- Deliver guidance to technical teams regarding the load of business and technical data into the business lexicon and data quality measurement instrument.
- Unceasingly improve existing processes to optimize and advance quality.
- Augment metrics to provide oversight around function.
- Actively contributes in any compulsory corporate and business line training in these areas.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Four or more years of experience in data governance strategy, planning or data policy
- Process mapping knowledge
- Understanding of the regulatory environment and outlooks
- Expert process analysis skills
- Extraordinary communication and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of establishing a Data Governave funcation across a broad constituent base
- Robust understanding of data governance concepts
- Solid technical/functional understanding of systems
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree