|Modesto, California - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Seeking a detail orientated MRO buyer to build a comprehensive purchasing program for a profitable food manufacturer in Modesto.
This brand new position will act as a key liaison with operations and maintenance teams and oversee a $2MM+ maintenance spend plus large capex projects.
- Coordinate and procure materials necessary to support production plans and large capex projects.
- Confirm appropriate production requirements are being met though specifications and vendor qualification compliance.
- Create, analyze, and maintain appropriate production materials.
- Generate and monitor purchase orders and contracts for accuracy and timely delivery.
- Work with the operations and sales team to maintain effective relationships.
- Work with operations team to quality inspect products upon arrival.
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers. Research/source for new suppliers and participates in plant audits.
- Provide regular reviews to suppliers and identify positive financial outcomes to improve the value chain.
- Support R&D in the development of new products with samples and product knowledge.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or at least 3 years of experience in a similar role and field.
- Experience in food or beverage industry with experience managing supplier approvals, and specifications adherence.
- Familiar with a variety of supply chain concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Thorough working knowledge of purchasing policies, processes, and procedures.
- Understanding of warehouse and inventory control policies and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of material work planning and methods engineering processes and procedures.
- Ability to negotiate best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
- Complete knowledge of all related skill area software and equipment.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree