This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Job Location:||Lexington, Kentucky - United States|
|Salary:||$80,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Nationwide|
World class manufacturer is looking for several Firmware Engineers. Excellent benefits and relocation with elite company based in a good quality of life environment. Full relocation benefits.
Develop, maintain and leverage real-time embedded firmware for a variety of electronic hardware platforms and print/scan mechanisms. At a high level, the firmware receives print data from the host computer via network interface, USB, or some other interface, initiates an internal workflow, processes the print data, converts it to a printable format, works with custom ASIC electronics to interface to the print mechanism, and controls the print mechanism. The firmware is also responsible for interfacing with the scanner mechanism, including the processing of scan data, controlling the scanner, and handling scanner errors.
Responsibilities include development of embedded product firmware to interface with a network or local computer, interface with the print/scan engine, define/manage internal job workflows, control the custom ASIC, and process the print data. Additional responsibilities may include performance analysis, leveraging firmware to various microprocessor architectures, and specification or creation of development tools.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Design, Develop, Debug and Maintain embedded firmware including Linux application level programming, Linux device driver level programming, and Linux kernel level programming.
- Design/Implement internal job (e.g. print, copy, scan, fax) workflows (largely in C/C++)
- Work within a team to coordinate project development within product family development paradigm
- Work with print engine and/or scanners to identify, triage, and drive to resolution interface issues between the application layer firmware and the engine/scanner firmware.
- Leverage an existing code base to a new microprocessor architecture.
- Develop and tune software routines that improve perceived print quality or color accuracy of print mechanisms.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering (Required)
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering (Preferred)
- 4+ years C/C++ programming experience.
- 4+ years working in a Linux programming environment preferred.
- Experience in scripting languages a plus (Python)
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How can we make this page better for you? Add your suggestions below.