This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Job Location:||Saint Louis, Missouri - United States|
|Salary:||$50,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Regional|
Join a financial institution that has grown approximately 20% per year for the last 3 years. They have a "family first" mentality, offer 17 days PTO starting out, and have a casual work environment. Hardly any overnight travel at all and a great work/life balance
Under the direction of the Director of Internal Audit, the Auditor/Senior Auditor is responsible for the timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects, including annual Sarbanes Oxley testing.
* Participates in risk assessments and preparation of annual risk-based internal audit plan.
* Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
* Participates in Sarbanes Oxley testing including the evaluation of Management's documentation of internal controls over financial reporting.
* Completes audit workpapers by documenting audit tests and findings.
* Maintains internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires; recommending new policies and procedures.
* Communicates audit findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings with auditees.
* Prepares special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends (as applicable).
* Assists with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Risk Assessments and other ERM projects.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to Internal Audit team effort by accomplishing related results as
* Team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Strong math and problem solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
* Must maintain confidentiality of client transactions and records
* Ability to prioritize; handle multiple tasks; and work independently
* Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy
* Thorough knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and/or audit standard practices
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university
* Auditor role: 0 to 2 years financial experience, through public accounting/auditing (Big 4 a plus) and/or industry experience.
* Senior role: 3 to 5 years financial experience, through public accounting/auditing (Big 4 a plus) and/or industry experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Master's degree in accounting, finance, or related field and/or MBA
* Financial services experience
* Skilled in operation of a personal computer, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
* CPA, CIA, CFSA, or CISA preferred
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree