|Senior Associate Accountant
|Milwaukee, Wisconsin - United States
|$30,000.00 - $55,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|Employer Will Recruit From:
How would you like to work for one of the top 25 CPA firms in the country?
Great company culture/excellent work life balance.
The Senior Associate Accountant is responsible for applying fundamental accounting practices to support the business needs of clients. This position performs a variety of bookkeeping or basic accounting tasks using clients’ records. The Senior Associate Accountant analyzes financial information and prepares financial reports. This role is expected to comprehend and work according to instruction and apply logical thinking to reach conclusions. This position handles and maintains numerous projects at once and is required to establish and maintain rapport with clients. The Senior Associate Accountant is responsible for learning and applying their technical skills and working as part of a team.
The duties identified below are the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external clients.
• Use advanced knowledge of accounting assignments to include posting and closing ledgers; and preparing and analyzing accounting documents and reports (financial statements, tax returns, general ledgers, and related reconciliations).
• Prepare tax compliance reports including sales tax reports, payroll tax reports, and year-end tax reports.
• Understand intermediate multi-state income, sales and use, and payroll tax issues.
• Complete complicated and extremely disorganized bookkeeping files.
• Present at Firm workshops in the areas of payroll and small business applications/updates.
• Effectively document work.
• Handle basic correspondence, including notices and disbursements.
• Coordinate and retain accounting and legal records.
• Assist with project work on client site (i.e., interim bookkeeping/payroll assistance).
• Work with confidential client matters.
• Engage in ongoing personal development in line with the growth and development strategy.
• Prepare individual income tax returns.
• Review tax compliance reports including sales tax reports, payroll tax reports and year-end tax reports.
• Process and review client payrolls and related disbursements.
• Set up complicated payroll systems on internal payroll software/clients' payroll software.
• Prepare complicated tax compliance reports.
• Process complicated payrolls.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
Associate Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
5+ years of previous accounting or bookkeeping experience working in a public accounting Firm preferred.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Advanced knowledge of general accounting, bookkeeping, computerized accounting systems, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and financial reports.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to coach and develop less experienced team members.
• Advanced use of software applications such as MS Office, QuickBooks, Sage and other accounting software.
• Strong mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills. Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
• Strong data entry skills.
• Ability to complete project components and assigned tasks in a timely manner.
How can we make this page better for you? Add your suggestions below.