Senior Casualty Underwriter
|Stamford, Connecticut - United States
$150,000.00 - $200,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance and specialty insurance. Headquartered in Stamford, CT, the Company operates through its network of over 35 offices located in 13 countries, and writes business in more than 100 territories around the world.
Currently, we are seeking candidates with a total of 7-12 years of primary or reinsurance experience, preferably with at least 5 of those years in treaty underwriting, to fill the role of Senior Casualty Underwriter in our Stamford, CT office.
This role is responsible for underwriting and managing a treaty portfolio of auto liability, general liability, excess / umbrella and program business for both standard lines and E&S, reporting to a Senior Vice President, Casualty Team Leader.
- Must be able to work full time out of Stamford, CT office
- No remote employees; No relocation
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform underwriting analysis of existing and potential clients through comprehensive review of their experience, exposure, management, rates, coverage, financial standing and competitive environment in order to determine profit potential of reinsurance transactions
- Assist in managing key client relationships in coordination with senior management
- Direct other functional support areas on assigned business including claims, actuarial and accounting
- Visit with clients to conduct underwriting audits, including determination of client needs and cross selling opportunities
- Market company to reinsurance intermediaries and current and prospective clients through production calls, attending industry events, and participation in seminars and conferences
- Participate in company planning process and development of department and company-wide goals
- Provide leadership and direction to Associate Underwriters regarding the company’s corporate mission, culture, performance goals, profitability and technical underwriting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage both support staff and client relations
- Discretion and independent judgment
- Willingness to travel
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 7 years of underwriting experience, with 5 years in casualty treaty
- Sound knowledge of the reinsurance and insurance industry, including standard underlying coverage, treaty contracts, pricing techniques
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree