|Great Neck, New York - United States
$100,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|see job spec
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Ability to work as a team player building positive and effective relationships with partners, peers and management
- Works well independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interface will all levels of an organization is required.
- Highly motivated, hands on personality.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting in the monthly close process, technical accounting research/documentation and the preparation of internal and external financial reporting.
- Perform accounting close processes; independently prepare reconciliations and journal entries
- Perform analytics over financial results to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial statements
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues as they occur in a timely manner
- Help manage annual audit and tax reporting
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reporting packages for Corporate
- Assist in any other audits throughout the year
- Continuously seek ways to optimize existing accounting and business processes through use of automation, thoughtful analysis, and researching best practices in the industry
- Assist with the documentation and maintenance of corporate accounting policies
- Complete any Ad-Hoc projects that are assigned
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance
- CPA-preferred (or on track to be certified)
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in public accounting
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in a mid-size corporate environment
- Excellent knowledge of accounting & financial principles and how business decisions impact financial statements
- Strong analytical skills with superior attention to detail
- Experience with monthly close in an ERP system (NetSuite preferred)
- High-level intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- SaaS, FinTech or Technology industry experience
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree