This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Job Location:||Saint Louis, Missouri - United States|
|Salary:||$90,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Regional|
Join a growing law firm with a convenient West County location. Help mold and develop the accounting department, and work for a progressive Chief Operating Officer that has a great vision for the organization.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for trust management, the billing process, accounts receivable, accounts payable, the monthly closing process, monthly reporting, and overseas reporting. The Accounting Manager directly reports to the Sr. Director of Finance.
1. Tracks and prepares reports as to the "status" of a client. Moves them from "active" to "collections review" or "refund review" to "closed" as necessary.
2. Corrects coding of all accounts payable invoices and supervises entry of invoices, ensuring that invoices are approved properly and paid in a timely manner.
3. Reports any outstanding A/P calls received to the Sr. Director of Finance and the COO and follows up with the vendor to ensure that the outstanding balance has been rectified.
4. Prints out checks issued to vendors or clients.
5. Posts all funds pulls to the clients account in case management software. Completes the bank transfers from the trust to the general accounts.
6. Manages bank funds to ensure adequate funding of payrolls and vendor payments.
7. Supervises the AP/AR Associates and Staff Accountants, guaranteeing compliance with company policies, procedures, and job description responsibilities.
8. Administers the POS system.
9. Reconciles each Trust to Retainer.
10. Manages the weekly billing cycle, ensuring that clients are billed timely and accurately.
11. Resolves issues with Unapplied Cash.
12. Addresses issues with the Aderant accounting/tracking/billing system.
13. Responsible for monthly department head meetings regarding actual to budget variances.
14. Assists Sr. Director of Finance with annual budget.
15. Performs cost accounting for staff and their allocation of time.
16. Trains new Accounting personnel.
17. Ensures that bank and account reconciliations are completed monthly.
18. Assists Sr. Director of Finance with all accounting reports and projects.
19. Tracks weekly funds "Pulled from Accounts" (PFA) metrics.
20. Develops departmental procedures.
21. Coordinates tax reporting with outside accounting firm.
22. Works with HR to approve biweekly payroll disbursements.
23. Provides accounting and trust tracking for foreign locations. Ensures that local foreign reporting requirements are met.
Bachelors Degree in accounting required with minimum 8+ years experience. Candidate must have strong supervisory and leadership skills, and be a creative thinker. Individual should also have experience developing and implementing process improvements. CPA a plus as well as experience in a professional services firm.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree