|Title:||Software Developer, Data Analytics|
|Job Location:||New York City, New York - United States|
|Salary:||$140,000.00 - $160,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly|
|Other Compensation:||Generous benefits package|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||
Must be a reasonable commute to Manhattan. No long,
The hiring company is a New Stock Exchange investment bank/financial advisor in mid-Manhattan, 2600 employees. Company is profitable and growing; great benefits package and performance bonus. Company is anxious to hire. Quick interview process, phone screen then in person technical interview, perhaps two, in Manhattan. After that, brief interview with HR. We have been doing business with the Company for over 5 years and have a strong relationship with HR and the IT organization.
The Software Developer will work closely with the analytics and data science team. Key responsibilities will include developing in-browser data visualization tools and applications that empower the analytics of large datasets. In addition, the Software Developer will work on enhancing configuration of existing analytics platforms and will collaborate on creating innovative visualizations that facilitate data-driven decisions and convey data stories visually.
Qualifications: Advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent. 3-5 years of leading technical projects in financial services preferred. Experience with Agile methodology and tools such as JIRA, Github, etc. Production-level object-oriented programming experience (C++, Java, etc.) required. Strong relational databases knowledge essential. Experience of big data toolkits and/or NoSQL databases a big plus. Hands-on experience with visualization tools required (d3, etc.) Ability to work both independently and as a team player. Knowledge of statistics, scripting languages and/or finance preferred
Must have technical skills/experience:
· Data Analytics/Data Visualization/Data Science
· SQL server
· C++ or Java or C# for enterprise projects
· Some architectural work
· Full stack dev
· Front end/back end skills
Nice to have technical skills:
· Data Science and Python R
· Working knowledge of big data, Hadoop/Spark
· Basic financial concepts, bonds/stocks. Previous Fin Serve experience helpful.
· Previous experience building a dash board helpful.
· Small (new) group in a big company, startup culture. Candidate must be comfortable with this and a fast pace.
· For the time being will be the only developer on the team.
· At times, this will be a client facing position.
· No programming language preference
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How can we make this page better for you? Add your suggestions below.