|Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - United States
$85,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
1 hour radius of Pittsburgh
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Must have at least 8 years in a plant engineering capacity. Ideal if any management experience. Great opportunity here.
The Plant Engineer will oversee all mechanical and electrical maintenance of equipment, infrastructure and facilities, and will manage the plant maintenance activities to ensure safety, regulatory compliance, operating efficiency and cost minimization.
Specific job duties are:
- Promote and enforce compliance with all safety rules and environmental regulations.
- Provide leadership for a maintenance team that is an integral part of day to day plant operations.
- Develop and mentor an effective staff of maintenance associates. Assess skills and develop as necessary to meet plant operational and compliance needs.
- Schedule and coordinate maintenance resources to provide 24/7/365 support for plant operations
- Assign responsibilities, assess results and maintain accountability
- Administer plant and company policies effectively with fairness and consistency
- Plan and execute major shut down and repair projects
- Oversee and manage capital projects
- Implement Preventive and Predictive Maintenance systems consisting of planned inspections; servicing, measuring and monitoring of critical equipment; and documentation of activities pertaining to continuous improvement and regulatory compliance.
- Utilize and maintain a Work Order system to assign and prioritize duties for a team of multi-craft technicians, and analyze data for the purposes of reducing downtime, identifying root cause, implementing irreversible corrective actions and making continuous improvements.
- Support the initiatives of the executive management. Maintain confidentiality. Perform other duties as assigned by the staff.
- Develop critical spares list and inventory.
- Order parts and maintain appropriate inventories.
- 10 years experience mechanical/industrial experience.
- BS Engineering a must.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with demonstrated competency working in an environment with large mechanical equipment and components. Rotary kiln experience is a plus.
- Ability to analyze and solve technical problems quickly and effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings for the purpose of troubleshooting.
- Ability to plan and organize activity for self and others on both short term and long term basis.
- Positive attitude in working with others inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Computer competency is a required.
- Ability to finish work assignments completely and on time.
- Must be able to climb stairs/ladders and carry equipment in accessing ALL areas of the plant while wearing the required PPE.
- Experience in developing PM systems and Standard Practice Instructions is desired.
- Experience with screw, pan and belt conveyors as well as bucket elevators.
- Welding, machining and fabricating experience.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree